This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What might have been...as a Bond theme (1989-1995)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:54 AM

There was a seven-year-gap between Licence to Kill and GoldenEye, but during that period came some of the best and diverse music.

If a Bond film had been made between 1989 and 1995, which musical artist(s) from that time period would you like to have seen do a title theme? Possibly bands or artists that aren't around today, who's culture existed and died in that period of time? And how would Bond culture today possibly be affected by your choice?

I would've liked to see Pearl Jam or Stone Temple Pilots do a Bond theme. Either definitely would've been different, that's for sure, but if either band did a theme it would've brought a harder edge, musically, to the Bond films.

#2 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:11 PM

Sting
Eric Clapton
Prince

#3 Agent Provocateur

Agent Provocateur

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:17 PM

Even though Foreigner's album "Inside Information" came out in 1987, the title track definitely has a Bond feel to it. (Even the title alone has an espionage/spy thriller ring to it.) It's straight up 80s rock track with a little bit of attitude thrown in for good measure. In my opinion, it would've lent itself nicely as a title theme.

If you get a chance to sample a 30 second snippet somewhere on the internet, by all means, take a listen to that one song and see what I mean.

#4 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:16 AM

Peter Gabriel-theme song
Stewart Copland-soundtrack