27 replies to this topic

#1 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

In GERA when you take damage, you recover health after several seconds. How come this happens? This isn't a complaint I'm just curious.

#2 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:11 PM

From 'GoldenEye: Rogue Agent' Community Day, Part II
The GoldenEye: It is electromagnetic based and larger than an actual eye and connects to your mind and body. It knows your health and armor. Your health and eye power will recharge (like in the game X2: Wolverine

#3 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

I suppose that makes sense. I hope they make a sequel or something because I find that playing as a villian instead of James Bond is much more interesting.

#4 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:25 PM

I also wonder about the blue sparks that erupt from enemies when you shoot them. They couldn't be robots because that would have been taking this game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. Does anyone know?

#5 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:33 PM

...They couldn't be robots...

You know more than you think you do... :)

From 'GoldenEye: Rogue Agent' Community Day, Part II
Taking Sides: Dr. No has a mechanical hand, why not a very Para Military Cyborg army as well. Where as Goldfinger

#6 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:19 AM

........I want my money back. Cyborg soldiers? CMON! I'm marching back to Best Buy to return this excuse for a Bond Game post-haste!

#7 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:35 AM

One moment it's fun and the next minute it's not...

#8 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:39 AM

what do you mean? I think it's fun and I'm not really going to return it. Just that part of the game is a little ridiculous.

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 02:20 AM

If not blood...blue sparks. :)

#10 ryan113911

ryan113911

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 02:36 PM

as all of you kno ea games does not like to make M rated games, so it couldnt be blood. i think they chose blue sparks because if a bullet were to hit semi-metal armor, depending on the type of bullet, it would produce a blue spark. think about it:

dr no's army wers metal armor, and so do some of goldfinger's thugs. i actually tried this while at my cousins house yesterday. i fired a 9mm bullet into a piece of metal in his backyard, and the spark was blue. its also like how sometimes the gunflash is blue instead of yellow.

but i have noticed something. when i shoot metal, there are red sparks. do you think they could have accidentally been switched?

#11 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 02:42 PM

as all of you kno ea games does not like to make M rated games

View Post

Quite true.

I agree with your thought completely. Though there are questions.

1. What king of 9mm weapon did you fire?
2. What kind of metal was it?
3. where are the red sparks?

If I ever find them, I'll check them out.

#12 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:40 AM

Isn't it stated in the game that Dr. No's men have been equipped with high-tech armour and that that's what the sparks are?

Doesn't really explain why the armour doesn't work though does it? Can't be all that high-tech.

#13 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:23 AM

In GERA right now I am currently in the Octopuss. One question though, how come there are two discs in GERA? It doesn't make any sense because there aren't many missions in this game. Is it because the missions are extremely long?

Edited by blofeld123, 31 December 2004 - 01:24 AM.

#14 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:38 AM

There is only one disc. I don't know where you got two discs from.

#15 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:41 AM

I think the Gamecube version has two discs. Doesn't the second contain online play?

#16 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:46 AM

Yes I do have Rogue Agent on Gamecube. I was contimplating on whether I should buy it for Xbox instead but I'm more of a Gamecube person myself since it has Wind Waker. I don't believe the second disc contains online play considering Gamecube isn't a big "online" nex generation console.

#17 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:50 AM

Well doesn't it say on the disc?

Come on, surely it's obvious if you actually own the game? Is it really too hard to look in the manual and see?

#18 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:55 AM

Don't worry I've scanned the manual thoroughly before playing. You must be thinking about the XBOX version because I think GERA is XBOX Live compatible. They probably added the extra disc because Gamecube doesn't have as big a modem as the other consoles.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:21 AM

Have you tried the second disc? What exactly is on it?

#20 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:22 AM

I don't remember if the XBOX version is any different or not. It probably has one disc considering the XBOX has a hard drive instead of a memory card like Gamecube and PS2.

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:46 AM

blofeld123, what is on your second disc, what is on it when you put that disc in?

#22 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:37 PM

It's just the last set of levels since gamecube can't store as much memory as the other consoles.

HAPPY 2005 EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

#23 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

It's just the last set of levels since gamecube can't store as much memory as the other consoles.

View Post

And all the multiplayer levels and features are stored on this disc. That's really why there's two discs, one for single player and one for multiplayer, though they slightly overlap.

#24 agent007jb

agent007jb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:24 AM

Reading through this thread, I do miss the days of GoldenEye 64 where you could shoot a guy in the head and he would grab his head with his hand and fall to the ground in such terrible pain. It looked painful, it looked real. Also if you boosted the amount of damage an enemy could take and unloaded a few rounds into there leg it would turn red. The sounds also took the volience to a new level.

I do not have a problem with violence in video games, so long as in video games is where it stays.

GERA is a generic plain FPS and nothing more. It rips off all the good features offered by more respect games. I thought EA would be on a winning streak having perfected the Bond formula in EON, but GoldenEye is one step ahead of Agent Under Fire and a clear mile from tailing Nightfire.

It is time for EA to throw in the towel. Pass on this franchise to a better deserving developer.

#25 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:10 PM

Reading through this thread, I do miss the days of GoldenEye 64 where you could shoot a guy in the head and he would grab his head with his hand and fall to the ground in such terrible pain.  It looked painful, it looked real.  Also if you boosted the amount of damage an enemy could take and unloaded a few rounds into there leg it would turn red.  The sounds also took the volience to a new level. 

View Post

True enough, it really wasn't anything overtly violent compared to numerous other games out there as well, it worked.

#26 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

A: Health regenerates because the GoldenEye is linked up to the body and mind of Mr Hunter. Hence, it feeds off his adrenaline while he is being rather evil.
B: The blue sparks are substitutes for blood - but they are from their armour and the fact they have cybernetic limbs.

#27 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:06 AM

In GERA when you take damage, you recover health after several seconds. How come this happens? This isn't a complaint I'm just curious.

I guess it's to have something new rather than having the traditional health bar (everything or nothing, from russia with love, the world is not enough, tomorrow never dies...) or the circular health meter (agent under fire...) You know.

#28 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

I guess it's to have something new rather than having the traditional health bar (everything or nothing, from russia with love, the world is not enough, tomorrow never dies...) or the circular health meter (agent under fire...) You know.

You do realize you're responding to a question that was posed three and a half years ago...? :tup: