1176 replies to this topic

#1171 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2403 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Did anybody catch what the red letters spelled out in the end credits?

Apparently it was "anemoi", the meeting place of the four winds.

BTW, the "red lettering" only happens in the PBS American version of the closing credits.

#1172 billy007

billy007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

If it ends here it ends well.  " the Baker Street Boys"  together doing what they do best together.

If Spectre is the end of of D. Craig's run it ends well.

If Spectre is the end of the franchise for what ever reason it ends well. It was a hell of a run.

#1173 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10733 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

An odd finale overall. A largely strange plot when held up together, but some fine memorable scenes all the same, which stand alongside some of the finest moments in the whole series:
Spoiler

My Series 4 ranking:
- The Lying Detective
- The Final Problem
- The Six Thatchers

If they are to finish there, it's a nicely wrapped up finale. Apart from poor old Molly.

Enjoyed the music once again, but missed the Bond reference, if someone is able to please point it out? Private message or spoiler tags both fine!

#1174 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

Will say this in as spoiler free way as I can. Electra's theme (I've only myself to blame) appears when we first get an understanding of how much control the villain has.

#1175 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

One i didnt notice at the time but REALLY stands out on the score is Paris' theme from TND plays at the end of the track "Pick Up"

#1176 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5963 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

An odd finale overall. A largely strange plot when held up together, but some fine memorable scenes all the same, which stand alongside some of the finest moments in the whole series:

Spoiler

My Series 4 ranking:
- The Lying Detective
- The Final Problem
- The Six Thatchers

If they are to finish there, it's a nicely wrapped up finale. Apart from poor old Molly.

Enjoyed the music once again, but missed the Bond reference, if someone is able to please point it out? Private message or spoiler tags both fine!

Spoiler

#1177 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Basically all of Arnold's tragic Bond girl themes make an appearance. Fitting given both composers worked on Bond - in fact it's why they were hired. (Michael Price was Arnold's alternate cues composer for all his Bond scores)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users