#32 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:42 AM

Ladder 49

It was hard to get good seats as a lot of people were there and the theater had reserved seating for the local fire department.

If the local fire fighters were all together watching the movie who was responding to the fires? :)

Edited by MI-6 Director, 07 October 2004 - 03:44 AM.

#33 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3405 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:47 AM

I'm watching The Positive-Negative Man episode of The Avengers right now. I did, however, watch Fahrenheight 9/11 for the first time on DVD yesterday evening before I caught the debate on NBC (must plug the network I work for every now and then :)). The special features on the disc are an eye-opener for sure.

#34 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:15 PM

Just saw Hero with Jet Li and Quetin Tarantino wrote I think the script, the first 1 and half hours I was like...wha?? And the last half hour just blew me away, incredible film filled with great dialogue and symbolism. Tied well and written well in the end.

#35 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:21 PM

Just saw Hero with Jet Li and Quetin Tarantino wrote I think the script

View Post

Actually, Tarantino didn't write the script. In fact, he had no creative role whatsoever in the film. He simply "presents" it, in other words he likes HERO and is happy for Miramax to use his name to promote it. That's it. HERO was a finished film (and a smash hit in Asia) long before it became associated with Tarantino.

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85604 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:01 PM

I recently watched Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca. It seems like I'm in a little Hitch film frenzy or so, but I've been checking his moves out alot lately, and this one was absolutely outstanding. For being his only to win the award, it definitely shows. From the very beginning even, it knows where it's going and has a definite style.

Probably his best with Selznick IMO. I recommend it to everyone.

#37 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4627 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:22 PM

Just saw Tamahori's 'Along Came A Spider'. It was okay. Interestingly, it is followed by Spottiswoode's 'Shoot to Kill'. :)

#38 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14497 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:27 PM

I've been watching the Matrix trilogy lately. Started with The Matrix on Tues, watched Reloaded last night and tonight I'm going to watch Revolutions. Love all three of those movies! :)

#39 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:04 PM

Watched Farenheit 9/11 on DVD last night. What a piece of anti-Bush propaganda. I was only too happy to return that to Netflix just as fast as I got it. Tonight we'll watch more of Alias-Season 3 on DVD.

#40 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:14 PM

I've been watching the Matrix trilogy lately. Started with The Matrix on Tues, watched Reloaded last night and tonight I'm going to watch Revolutions. Love all three of those movies!

Awesome trilogy Dove. I love all three of them. I recently watched Eurotrip in school, OMG that was a funny movie.

#41 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4237 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:21 PM

Surprisingly, I haven't watched any new films lately...even though I work at the theatre. I'm surprised also that "Ladder 49" is getting some good notices; I thought it was going to be another Travolta dud.

The last movie I saw was "Resident Evil: Apocalypse". As video game-movies go, it's Oscar-worthy. :) But the film as a whole is a bad headache. Only hyper-minded video-gamers will enjoy this silly, shotgun to the head movie. It's only highlights is its inspired production, and some scares here and there.

Grade: C-

#42 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:31 AM

Watched Cold Mountain

#43 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:14 AM

The Great Escape - Again. Love it more each time I see it. A classic that leaves you burning with pride by the movies end, and proves that mens spirits can overcome awesome odds. And I don't care what anyone says, there has NEVER been anyone cooler (king :)) then Steve McQueen.

TO THE FIFTY!

#44 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4627 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:43 AM

The Great Escape - Again. Love it more each time I see it.  A classic that leaves you burning with pride by the movies end, and proves that mens spirits can overcome awesome odds. And I don't care what anyone says, there has NEVER been anyone coolder then Steve McQueen.

View Post

YES! I love that movie too! Need to see it again one of these days... :)

#45 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:44 AM

You have great taste Madame :)

#46 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6851 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:46 AM

Yesterday I saw Collateral in the cinema , me says this movie is COOL! great to watch , it's entertaining! Tom Cruise portrays a nice character. :)

#47 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:26 PM

I, too, have been itching to see Collateral. I just love watching Tom C. play bad (it beats the cocky, angry young man bit that he's been milking to death from ALL THE RIGHT MOves to TOP GUNK to the MI testosterobe overload movies). Too bad he's about as tall as my legs.

Today, I saw SHAUN of the DEAD. If you have not seen it, see it now. It's more of a comedy with a dash of horror. Those Brits sure crack me up. Of course, the other Americans at work are completely befuddled by it. That's what happens when your worship George Bush. :)

MEOW.

#48 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:56 PM

Saw Collateral back in August and I give it a :)

I have The Great Escape on VHS but I plan on buying the DVD. A classic :)

#49 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1962 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:06 PM

The last thing I saw in the theater was Garden State. Amazing film.

#50 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:10 PM

Hi,

I watched "Laws of Attraction" last evening, and I have to say it was pretty awful. False comedy combined with a lack of any chemistry between Pierce and Julianne Moore made this move so cheesy, and Mrs Doubtfiresque comedy without the talent of Robin Williams.

As soon as it reached Ireland, this movie really took a nosedive, and the production filmed some of the worst parts of Ireland.

I have to admit thought that Pierce looked better in this one than in any of his James Bond films because he was allowed to look like himself and was quite natural. In need of a haircut and not too slicked back as it is Bond.

Now, this is when I like Pierce, he's not the silly hero shooting the brown sauce out of every villain, he's got a normal job and lives almost like anyone else. He seems to fit the 'everyday man' better than a superhero.

I would say ( although not a Brosnan lover ) he could easily do another Bond flick because he's starting to look mature, and less 'pretty'. OK, he still act's like he did in Mrs Doubtfire and every movie since, but I feel he's getting a little more depth in his roles now. He looks almost as young as Connery did in Goldfinger. :)

Cheers,

Athena.....er....Ian :) :)

#51 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:16 PM

Watched the 2003 Italian Job movie, an instant classic in my book.

#52 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17145 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294� South, 150.93805� East)

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:34 AM

Although not a movie I saw "Bowling For Columbine" for the first time last night - it was the Asian TV premier. Don't think it was ever released in any other format around here.

Amazing docco! I knew beforehand the whole gun issue in Amaerica (who doesn't around the world), but the Canadian comparison utterly surprised me - it isn't an issue there at all is it? Why isn't half of America living there then to get away from the cronic gun issue?

Chris Rock proposed there shouldn't be gun control but a bullet control - make them $5,000 each to buy. Pretty funny piece considering the sobbering content of the docco. Made me think of Scaramanga too actually.

Charlton Heston is a sad pathetic individual. Didn't do his side of the gun issue an favours.
:)

#53 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3405 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:05 AM

Although not a movie I saw "Bowling For Columbine" for the first time last night - it was the Asian TV premier. Don't think it was ever released in any other format around here.

Amazing docco! I knew beforehand the whole gun issue in Amaerica (who doesn't around the world), but the Canadian comparison utterly surprised me - it isn't an issue there at all is it? Why isn't half of America living there then to get away from the cronic gun issue?

Chris Rock proposed there shouldn't be gun control but a bullet control - make them $5,000 each to buy. Pretty funny piece considering the sobbering content of the docco. Made me think of Scaramanga too actually.

Charlton Heston is a sad pathetic individual. Didn't do his side of the gun issue an favours.
:)

View Post

There were numerous misleading things in Bowling, and I'll try and remember to go into it when it isn't 3am. Michael Moore may do deceitful things at times I do think it's a case of the ends justifying the means so I have a lot of respect for him in that department.

#54 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17145 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294� South, 150.93805� East)

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:46 AM

Well, he was preaching to the converted anyway because I see no reason why anyone should be allowed to have a gun - an urban home owner or a criminal. Either not having one cancels out any rise of "a gun issue" at all.

I DO fully understand the need for guns to country property owners to control vermin/stock.

#55 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

The 1976 version of Carrie

#56 hrabb04

hrabb04

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:05 PM

I have been sitting here listening to and watching Martin Sheen hacking up Marlon Brando with a machete. Oh, the horror.....

#57 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:00 PM

I have been sitting here listening to and watching Martin Sheen hacking up Marlon Brando with a machete.  Oh, the horror.....

View Post

Ah Apocaylpse Now right? I watched the helicopter scene last night on the village. I watched Bad Boys II last night, I so want that on DVD.

#58 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

Just saw Resident Evil: Apocalypse. A slickly directed piece of nonsense, even if it's all a reworking of elements from other movies, and there's enough action to drive it along.

#59 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:13 AM

Watched the original version of The Stepford Wives and I also watched The Day of the Jackal

#60 MI-6 Director

MI-6 Director

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:25 AM

City of God

Ike: Countdown to D-Day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users