12 replies to this topic

#1 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

THE MGM LION LOGO APPEARS (A very slow, haunting version of the Bond theme begins to play)

(V.O. MASTERS): "Allow me to introduce myself... my name is Leo Masters." His voice bares a strong resemblance to Bella Lugosi's Dracula. Dozens of colorful computer screens turn on creating a blurring affect. In front of the computers is a blurred image of a man.

(V.O. EVIL VOICE): "A Brtish agent landed in Miami two days ago. Find him... and eliminate him."

(V.O. BOND): "I was afraid..."

A latin man in full military uniform slices a cut down Bond's right cheek as he is strapped down to a chair with various wires connected to him in a broken down building.

(V.O. BOND): "afraid of pain..."

Waves of electricity run through Bond's body as he is being tortured by the latin man.

(V.O. BOND): "afraid of death..."

Bond lays in the middle of a the road and tries to crawl out of way as a large group of bikers try to run him over.

(V.O. BOND): "more afraid than I've ever been in my life."

Hundreds of U.S. troops storm a beach, but many are killed before they reach the sand by rocket and gun fire from the enemy in a scene resembling the D-Day invasion.

Bond's hair and skin blow wildy in the wind as he holds onto a rocket that is traveling through the air at amazing speeds.

Bond drives a motorcycle out of the back of a cargo plane at 30,000 feet in the air. The camera follows the cycle as Bond holds on as it spins and rotates wildly in mid-air.

Bond powerfully throws a knife at Hammerhead in a narrow hallway. The camera follows the knife in slow-mo as it moves through the air until Hammerhead moves to the side, catches it, and smiles at Bond.

Masters' castle on the beach is destoyed by huge explosions, causing it to fall into the sea, causing huge waves.

(V.O NARRATOR): "On January 17th..."

Far shot of the epic battle between the U.S. and the terrrorist forces on Masters' island.

(V.O NARRATOR): "...the original action hero..."

A helicopter flies over the Miami Strip late at night.

(V.O. NARRATOR): "...is back..."

A huge shark grabs a man off his wave-runner and drags him underwater.

(V.O NARRATOR): "...in the movie event of the year!"

A missle zooms through the clouds at breakneck speed.

Bond jumps out of bed after waking up from a horrifying dream.

Lila falls off the edge of a gigantic cliff and quickly descends towards the camera.

(V.O. LILA): "My knight in shining armor."

Two fighter jets head straight for eachother. Just before they collide, the screen goes black.

(SUPERTEXT):

A SPY IN SHINING ARMOR

Written by Danny Rinaldi

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:24 AM

Very nicely done DanMan! :)

When will we be seeing more?

#3 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:27 AM

Sounds very thrilling! Can't wait to see what you've got!

#4 Bond_Bishop

Bond_Bishop

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1885 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:17 PM

Very good. This could be such a great script

#5 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:53 AM

With A Spy In Shining Armor I'm trying to create a story that would challenge the traditional view of what a Bond film should be like and maybe even I'll be able to tick off a couple of purists,(no offense to the purists). Bond saving the world and defeating Masters' only serves as a backdrop to the real center of the film which is: BOND.

ASISA and the sequel screenplays that I have planned are all meant to explore Bond's mind and the way he works. My interpretation of him in ASISA is not the ultra-confident, know-it-all, super-hero of the films. He is a tortured, depressed man who finds temporary happiness in women, drinking, gambling, adrenaline rushes,etc. He even gets amused by his own one-liners.

Another thing I tried to do was come up with the most amazing and imaginative action scenes ever put into a fan screenplay. Whether I did this or not is up to you when you read it, but I think I did a good job.

I spent a lot of time thinking up the character of Leo Masters, the main villian. He went through a lot of changes during the writing process and I like the way he turned out. I tried to make him seem like more of a good guy and we really don't see his truly vicious, sadistic side until more than halfway through the movie. The main girl, Lila Bloom, is not Bond's equal, she is not some super-woman that will get her own spin-off series. She's a woman in danger and trouble and her only way out of it is Bond.

Hammerhead I believe is an interesting character. He's in the vein of Oddjob and Jaws where the villians henchmen would have some sort of unique weapon or physical problem. Hammerhead's unique trait is a rather large metal plate that lines his skull, hence the name, and it comes in handy numerous times during the story. What I also tried to do is add a decent-dose of travelogue in the spirit of the old films. The majority of the film takes place in Puerto Rico and Miami,(with a few other carribean locations here and there).

This story is dark...very dark, and believe me when I say the ending is anything but happy and many might find themselves a bit disturbed, but none the less I think it's turning out really good and hopefully you'll feel the same when it is released.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:58 AM

I for one, am enjoying the snippets you've been putting up recently and in the past DanMan. I look forward to more and wish the best with it.

#7 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:59 AM

Thanks. :)

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:00 AM

BTW, you'll have to empty your PM box. :)

#9 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:05 AM

Thanks. Emptied. :)

#10 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:52 AM

Sounds like everything I look for in a Bond film. Any idea when it'll be up?

#11 Bond_Bishop

Bond_Bishop

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1885 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:54 PM

OMG, Babs, Mike you have your new screenplay writer here. DanMan I look forward to see when all this is done.

#12 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Holy cow. I can't believe it's been 10 years since posting this. I was 14 years old and a freshmen in high school. Not bumping this for attention, it's just unbelievable how much my life has changed in the last 10 years and it honestly feels like yesterday. Looking over this makes me realize what a constant Bond has always been in my life.

Inb4 bump of e decade

#13 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

Did you ever come close to finishing it, DanMan?