9 replies to this topic

#1 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 10:13 AM

SAT.1, a German TV-Station, has just reported, that the producers of the 3. Austin-Powers movie asked Pierce Brosnan to play a guest role in Austin Powers 3 - as James Bond!

Further SAT.1 reported, that Pierce has spoken with the Bond production firms - and they said "yes". So Pierce Brosnan will play James Bond in Austin Powers 3!

But I think will Pierce Brosnan have time? The production of Bond 20 and Austin Powers 3 begin both in January 2002...

Regards,
Tim

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 06:27 PM

Friedrich Baxter (22 Nov, 2001 06:18 p.m.):
Well, I also saw the TV-film The Man From U.N.C.L.E. a few years ago, and there we see George Lazenby as James Bond driving in the silver Aston Martin DB5! It was quite funny!

While The Lazenby appearance in the U.N.C.L.E. movie was being filmed, Roger Moore was working on Octopussy and Sean Connery was working on Never Say Never Again. Making it the only day that three of the series actors were playing James Bond at the same time.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 03:37 PM

This isn't unprecedented. Roger Moore spoofed himself and Bond in THE CANONBALL RUN while making FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.

Does it tick off anyone else that we know a lot more about Goldmember than we do about Bond 20?

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 03:30 PM

This was on Dark Horizons this morning:

Austin Powers: Goldmember: WENN reports that while Tom Cruise may be out, Pierce Brosnan looks to be in to cameo in the upcoming third AP comedy. Brosnan "will spoof his on-screen image in the sequel playing play a promiscuous secret agent who puts Austin's bedroom exploits to shame". A worker on the film says "It'll be obvious that Pierce is playing James Bond - but Bond executives will ultimately decide whether Bond's name or 007 will be mentioned on-screen". Thanks to Moviehole

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 11:47 PM

Yes it has. Good God my fingers are sore with keeping up :)

I just reported the news on the main page. I didn't see this thread earlier Tim, so no credit sorry :)

#6 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 06:18 PM

Well, I also saw the TV-film The Man From U.N.C.L.E. a few years ago, and there we see George Lazenby as James Bond driving in the silver Aston Martin DB5! It was quite funny!

And now we can see Pierce Brosnan as James Bond in Austin Powers 3? It's just great. I also can conclude that Pierce Brosnan is very fond of his role of James Bond, and that he certainly don't want to stop after Bond 20!

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 06:54 PM

Jeeze, the rumor mill has been working overtime, hasn't it?

#8 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 02:13 PM

Pierce will not star in Goldmember!

This comes from Showbiz Ireland:

Pierce Brosnan's publicist Dick Guttman has denied ever hearing of a plan for the star to take a role in the new Austin Powers movie Goldmember.

Brosnan, who flew into Ireland over the weekend to start work in his new movie Evelyn in Dublin will not be staring in the movie.

Reports were that the Austin Powers Goldmember film would star the Irish actor after Tom Cruise pulled out. Pierce was to give a cameo in the upcoming third comedy with reports saying that Brosnan "will spoof his on-screen image in the sequel playing a promiscuous secret agent who puts Austin's bedroom exploits to shame".

A worker on the film said "It'll be obvious that Pierce is playing James Bond but Bond executives will ultimately decide.

Guttman went on to say, "I don't know where these stories come from. Pierce is in Ireland until Christmas then will be starting work on the new Bond so I don't even know where he would get the time. His calendar is gone for the next year already."

Regards,
Tim

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 10:27 PM

It annoys me greatly Zencat. Austin Powers is nowhere near as big world wide as James Bond and yet information on it is seemingly ten a penny. Very upsetting for a Bond fan :'(

#10 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 08:16 AM

Hi all,

this I've just found in PeopleNews:

...and there's a big surprise inside about Samantha Mumba, who wanted to play a Bond girl...

Brosnan set to spoof the spy
Pierce's part in Goldmember

Pierce Brosnan is all set to squeeze in another stint as James Bond – in the latest Austin Powers movie, Goldmember. The Irish star will play a mojo-injected, bed-hopping secret agent who manages to bag even more women than Mike Myers. Ultimately it will be up to Bond executives to decide whether or not the number 007 or the Bond name itself will be mentioned, but 'it'll be obvious Pierce is playing James Bond' said a film insider. Mini-Me actor Verne Troyer will not be returning, leaving a small space for a newcomer, and Samantha Mumba has been approached to follow in the footsteps of Elizabeth Hurley and Heather Graham as Austin's love interest. Whether she'll be working exclusively with Myers or Brosnan or bedding two secret agents in as many hours isn't yet known, but after her Spielberg stint in Time Machine, producers seem confident she's up to the job.