5 replies to this topic

#1 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:45 AM

Just incase anyone didn't know, penguin have finally released the Bond novels with the cool Richie Fahey "retro" cover art here in Australia. Yesterday I went into a couple of book stores that have displays of the whole set of 14 and they look terrific. Angus & Robinson had them at $17 each but you might be able to get them cheaper somehere else.

Anyway, they're top stuff, so go forth and get 'em all. :)

#2 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:47 AM

Yep; I've seen them in QBD, Angus & Robertson, Borders and Dymocks now. They all look fantastic. But I'm afraid I haven't seen them for any less than $17.95.

#3 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:32 AM

Wow! Great news, I've been waiting for the release for some time. I've always been dissapointed with the lack of publicity (or even stock) of Bond books in Aussie stores, let's hope this changes that.

#4 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:56 AM

Whilst they didn't get any publicity in 2002, I found the UK reissues were available in pretty much all bookstores, occasionally prominantly displayed. Stood out on the shelves, all stacked together, too.

#5 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:02 AM

I searched four bookstores in major shopping centres around the Central Coast, two didn't have them, one had one Fleming short story collection and one had four books of the UK reprints (I asked about whether they had more which was sold, but no - the only ordered the four books!!). Sounds like it got some more treatment were you were.

#6 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:21 AM

Nothing special, but they were pretty easy to find, as it appears the US editions are now, too.

I noted yesterday that Borders have a hardcover 007 story collection that's exclusive to Australia, I think, with Fleming's first three Bond novels in it, packaged with a cocktails book for $19.95 total. Big stack of them in the fiction section.