#1 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 06 September 2001 - 02:30 PM

Hello!

I've just been reading teletext and it says that Mike Myers is set to release the third Austin Powers in July 2002... it's title? Goldmember!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Austin Powers in here yet... what do you all think of the films?

Also I think EON will be pleased at the release date... it'll get the ball rolling for "spy mania 2002"! Maybe we'll have another Thunderball phenomenon of people not being able to get enough of spy films... who knows?

Personally I'm looking forward to it almost as much as Bond 20... almost.

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 06 September 2001 - 03:20 PM

We've always been talking about Austin Powers :)

Where's that topic gone with all the titles in it? And the teaser poster that someone made? I can't find it.

Goldmember, sounds a bit naf. I still prefer For Your Thighs Only or Thunderballs.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 September 2001 - 11:13 PM

I just reported the news on the main site so check it out there! It's an obvious play on Goldfinger. And you're right Dave, For Your Thighs Only was a lot better!

The threads that you can't find are all still here btw. Try changing the date of which your computer shows (top right hand side), view messages from all time, it will pop up then!

#4 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 09:38 AM

I found the old post (thanks Dan for pointing that out :) )

http://forums.comman...ID=43&TID=1&P=1

And here is the Poster:

Posted Image

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 10:40 AM

Still the most fantastic Austin Powers poster I've seen :)

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 02:44 PM

Well done to Mr. Moon again for a great poster.

Does anyone feel as though "Goldmember" doesn't sound too Bondish, the only thin is the gold part. It's not enough really I think to make it sound Bondish.

What could Goldmember mean? Does this Goldmember belong to some sort of club? Some Gold club?

#7 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 07:50 PM

What could Goldmember mean? Does this Goldmember belong to some sort of club? Some Gold club?

Right, I suppose somebody has to explain this...

"Goldmember" is a reference to "Goldfinger", "member" being a euphemism for a gentleman's, er, gentlemanly bits.

I love it. It's VERY Austin Powers.

#8 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 09:23 PM

It's not that good I don't think. It's Ok. I prefered the ones we were coming out with. It doesn't seem to work if you know what I mean. I think it's because it could be interpreted in two ways. For those of us who get it it's alright. I can imagine telling my friends and them saying, what?

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 September 2001 - 05:19 AM

Yes R is right. Member is another name for well, hmmmmm, as Andy Osnard would put it "a mans windsock".

If you've read the report he has a few special traits. Put two and two together and I think we're in for antoher hilarious Austin Powers.

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 08 September 2001 - 09:01 AM

Thanks "R" for expalining it to me :)

I see now how it will work, but I still think he could have come up with something better.

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 04:38 AM

Glad you got it Dave :) But you're right there's better, it's a fine name, but not as a title. But we'll wait and see about these "special qualities".

#12 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 September 2001 - 01:11 AM

If anyone is interested, the original FYEO poster's "cheeky" look was achieved by getting the model to wear her swimming costume backwards!

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 October 2001 - 02:42 AM

blofelds_cat (10 Sep, 2001 02:11 a.m.):
If anyone is interested, the original FYEO poster's "cheeky" look was achieved by getting the model to wear her swimming costume backwards!

Really? wow. Interesting fact. I love it :) Must get some woman I know to try it sometine :)

Was the bunfight ever resolved White Persian? One could assume that many models had their photo's taken for the shot and the best one then used. Great set of legs whoever it is.

#14 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 16 October 2001 - 03:29 AM

I have a feeling that the poster picturned out to be a composite - one girl's legs, another's hand with the crossbow.

#15 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 16 October 2001 - 06:59 AM

White Persian (16 Oct, 2001 03:12 a.m.):
Wasn't there a bunfight with a number of models all claiming that it was their legs used?

Your are correct, White Persian.

In fact, one of the models that claimed to be the owner of the legs turned out to be a man who had a sex change op.

I remember reading an article showing a publicity shot of her in a line up of the Bond girls in FYEO.

In Bikinis!

I forgot her name - it was something like Rula, or Lola.

#16 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 16 October 2001 - 02:12 AM

Wasn't there a bunfight with a number of models all claiming that it was their legs used?