#1 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 04 March 2002 - 07:17 PM

Knowing my luck, this topic has been started already, I've looked, but I just can't find a topic on this. I've probably just missed it. If it has been started already, then sorry.

I was listening to the radio, early in the morning and the presenter said that the next Bond after Brosnan is going to be a guy called Jason Derv?/Derb? (I'm not sure what his surname is).

Forgive me, but I don't know this guy (he's probably been mentioned in these forums in loads of posts but I've just missed them).

Could someone tell me what he's starred in and could someone also post a photo of him. Also how do you think he'd do as Bond?

Or do you guys not know who he is either?

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 07:45 PM

I think someone called Pierce Broz, Pierce Branan, or something... He's going to do Bond21.

#3 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 01:40 PM

Dr. Tynan (04 Mar, 2002 09:13 p.m.):
I know Pierce is doing Bond 21.

no you don't.No one knows anything about Bond 21...or even if there'll be one.
Jason Durr is an adequate Bond.6'1"
English and 34 years old.The Daily Star revealed his audition and I imagine the disc jockey picked up on that.He wouldn't be my choice for Bond 21 but I'd sooner have him than a 50+ Brosnan.

Doesn't someone have a photo of him?

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 04:28 PM

sainttemplar (06 Mar, 2002 01:40 p.m.):(edited)

Dr. Tynan (04 Mar, 2002 09:13 p.m.):(edited)
I know Pierce is doing Bond 21.

no you don't.No one knows anything about Bond 21...or even if there'll be one.

Sure, we do. We know that Pierce has said that he will do another Bond film after Bond 20. And we know that Michael Madsen has said that his character Damian Falco is going to be back again for Bond 21.

Will all of this be true, probably, but the Earth may be demolished tomorrow to make way for a intergalactic bypass and Bond 20 may never even get made. Much less Bond 21.

#5 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 07:20 PM

I know who you mean, but i honestly cant think of the surname...

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 March 2002 - 12:57 AM

White Persian (06 Mar, 2002 09:58 a.m.):
Nice detective work, Blofeld's Cat.

Thanks for the compliment my furry feline friend. :)

I almost gave up as the IMDb threw out a list of over 1100 actors with the first/last name of Jason.

Couldn't find a Durv or Durb as ynan thought he heard, so I went down the list until I could find a similar sounding name.

Just as well it was Durr and not Turr or Zurr. :)

#7 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 09:27 PM

Dr. Tynan (04 Mar, 2002 09:13 p.m.):
apparently this Jason guy is going to be the next Bond

Its true, I have been in talks with Barbara, and Mr. Wilson, and i am one of their top 3 possible Bonds.
But remember when i get to the top, i'll be sure not to forget you guys. You are guys are coming with me to the top, now... who wants to be my arch rival in Bond-22?

#8 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 10:17 PM

There is no 'Next Bond'.

I am sure the Cubbettes will not choose Pierce's replacement until Pierce leaves. It would be ignorant for them to. There may be a list of potentials that Mickey G. keeps in his safe and Babs keeps safely stuffed inside her bra. But nobody is going to tell us who's on that list, and the list will be different by the time Pierce hangs up the tux, so it wouldn't matter much anyway.

#9 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 09:13 PM

I know Pierce is doing Bond 21, but when he leaves apparently this Jason guy is going to be the next Bond. Unless the man who said it is mistaken.

Doesn't someone have a photo of him?

#10 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 12:51 AM

Mister Asterisk is quite right of course, but just out of curiosity, can anyone identify this "Jason Derb" character that Dr Tynan heard mentioned on the radio?

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 March 2002 - 02:58 AM

Well, there's Jason Durr who playes PC Mike Bradley in the British TV series Heatbeat.

He is certainly suave and debonaire looking, but I'm not too sure he is right as Bond.

#12 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 03:33 AM

I'd say that is the bloke Blof. C., because I vaguely remember the presenter saying something about "Heartbeat". I know this man, I just didn't recognize the name.

In actual fact, the guy on the radio did not actually say that he was going to take over after Brosnan left, I just assumed that's what he meant.

It's possible that he maybe meant that Jason Durr was going to do Bond 21 instead of Brosnan, if so, then I hope that is not true. I wouldn't like him as Bond.

I suppose there is no more reason to believe this rumour than the other ones about the next Bond. I hope it's an "untrue rumour" (that's a valid phrase isn't it?).

#13 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 09:58 AM

Nice detective work, Blofeld's Cat.

Sounds like kite flying, though, Dr Tynan.
Every halfway presentable British actor under fifty seems to have "next Bond" rumours floating around them at some time or other. Remember the Gerard Butler kerfuffle?