[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:24 PM

That's right... I won something...

...I KNOW!!!

Last month, Cinescape ran an X-Files contest, whereby readers had to create their own fictional Season Ten. Not much of a point, since the winners were selected by a random number generator. Anyhow, as I just found out this evening... I WON!

So, on its way to me, is The X-Files: The Complete Ninth Season DVD set, an art cell of a scene from an X-Files episode and a replica package of Morley cigarettes, the brand the series' chief villain, Cancer Man, smokes. UH! Yeah! Get that into ya!

Sorry, it's just that I never win anything. Ever. I won a lucky door prize at a basketball dinner once, consisting of some champagne and some champagne glasses. All very nice, but not much use to me, as a child, as I was back then. I won tickets to the state premiere of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in the Die Another Day issue of Empire. Wonderful to win, even though I'm not a fan of The Lord of the Rings at all. Still, I went along. A very fun evening.

For the curious X-Philes amongst you, my Season Ten entry was as follows...

Realistically, neither Duchovny or Anderson would sign for Season Ten. So, Season Ten will focus on Doggett and Reyes. Clinging to their jobs at the FBI, the agents continue investigating the conspiracy to colonise Earth, however the stakes are higher, with a set date for colonisation and the media having learnt of the impending disaster. Although met with complete skepticism by virtually all of the public, there is a vocal minority in the form of growing UFO cults [as seen in the Providence two-parter], consisting many crackpots, but also several useful contacts for the agents. Skinner and Kersh, having been expelled from the FBI, use their connections to aid the agents bring down the conspiracy. Toothpick Man's character is fleshed out, as a new CSM. Scully and Mulder, still fugitives, have disappeared and, in rare contact with Doggett and Reyes, are also attempting to put an end to the plot. Anderson and Duchovny guesting in mythology episodes would be neat. :) Stand-alone episodes would round out the season. Although the focus would be the mythology, it would move away from the horrendously complex arcs and focus on the growing number of SuperSoldiers appearing, who seem to be leading the impending Armageddon.

I WON!!! :)

Been a rough few months for myself, but this week has seen a big turn-around, and this is the icing on the cake!

Anyhow, after a long-winded excited post, I was wondering...

What have any of you won? If you could hold off with anything bigger than what I've just won, which will top my moment of glory, I'd appreciate it. :)

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:44 PM

I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of Face Blind from CBn a few months back. It was great because I had no idea I'd won and it just arrived one day. :)

#3 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:06 PM

Did you get round to reading it Tanger? It's always fun when something comes out of the blue like that.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

I didn't read it because I didn't want to crease the book, so I packed it away with my other collectibles. I will be ordering a reading copy off of Amazon the next time I place and order though, that won't be for a while though as I've just splashed out on a new car and I've also got to keep my Uni fund above the

#5 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

I've only won one thing in my life (at least what I can remember because it stood out)... back in 1993/94 KTLA ch9 was showing Star Wars on TV and after the movie was over there were some Star Wars questions to answer and send it... and I did so. And I was one of the probably MANY people who got the questions right -- there was a drawing taken of these people's entries and I was the name who was drawn! :)

I won 5 tickets to Disneyland :)

#6 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

I seem to remember winning a few times when I was younger, but I can't remember what. I think it wasn't that big a deal.

For the past few years, I've just stopped entering contests.

Maybe I should try again. :)

Congrats, Dark!

#7 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:46 PM

I also won a copy of Face Blind from CBn.

#8 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:19 PM

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I never win anything :)

#9 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

Back when TBS did their "CyberBond" online trivia thing a long with their Bond marathon in 2000, I was one of the top 10 nationwide for the last showing of Goldfinger, which meant I'd either get a leather jacket with the 007 logo on the back or a pair of sunglasses. This was in October, but I didn't realize I'd won it until I got an email after Christmas saying I'd won and asking for my address. A few weeks later I got the sunglasses in the mail. They came in a little leather case with the TBS 15 days of 007 logo on them.

#10 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

I didn't read it because I didn't want to crease the book, so I packed it away with my other collectibles.

I've had the same problem when my 1st edition UK paperbacks of the first four Ramyond Benson Bond adventures arrived, lol. I couldn't resist reading them, but to prevent a crease, I only opened the book slightly enough for me to see anything :) An agonising way to read, but worth it, GO RAYMOND! :)

#11 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Hey PaulZ - I won on the TBS "Cyber-Bond" as well. I got the 007 pullover, which I still have and is still one of my favorite lounge-about-the-house items.

Other wins:

California State Lotto: A few $10 and $20 tickets and about a year ago a $900 scratch and win. :)

Vegas: Many wins, perhaps the best being at roulette - 20 minutes of play starting with about $300 and finishing up with about $7200. The Venetian comped my room and placed me on their VIP list. I also managed to turn over about $4000 at some baccarat behind the velvet ropes one evening at Caesar's. The European gentlemen I was squaring off against was not pleased, but failed to send either the beautiful lady he was with to seduce me or any thugs to kill me.

Yes, I did tip both tables and thanked them for the "sterling service"

I also won a bottle of Bollinger during some Bond trivia at a "Legacy" book signing.

Does winning the hearts of a few beautiful women count?

#12 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

Well if you want to start counting gambling :) :)

#13 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:13 PM

Nice job winning, [dark]!

I can win little junk often, I'm lucky like that. But I have yet to win anything off the internet I believe.

#14 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:42 PM

i won the third edtion of the amazing spider-man on ebay 4 days ago

#15 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:48 PM

i won the thrid edtion of the amazing spider-man on ebay 4 days ago

Ah yes, correct you are if eBay is counted for 'winning.'

#16 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

I once won a YOLT Poster off a website. Just a reporduction, but hey. And Bryce, I know what your talking about. I too have a 15 days of 007 pull over from the Cyber Bond game. Ah, those were the days....Cyber Bond. I can't remember what movie I won during. I think FYEO.

Funny thing about the pull over, only U.S. Residents were actually allowed to win. Of course, I lied and my zip code was 90210 naturally cause we have postal codes here in Canada. So, they sent me the winning e-mail and I had to get it sent to a liason in the states who then forward it on to me. Didn't want to pay the shipping and handling I imagine.

#17 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

I didn't read it because I didn't want to crease the book, so I packed it away with my other collectibles.

I've had the same problem when my 1st edition UK paperbacks of the first four Ramyond Benson Bond adventures arrived, lol. I couldn't resist reading them, but to prevent a crease, I only opened the book slightly enough for me to see anything :) An agonising way to read, but worth it, GO RAYMOND! :)

That's how I've had to read both of Chris Wood's novelisations because they were in such great condition that I didn't want to wreck them. Normally when I read, I fold the spine so that the pages turn easily and the book stays open with ease. Sure you end up with tonnes of creases on the spine but it's the best way to read.

#18 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:31 PM

First of....from X-phile to another, congrats Dark.

As for me, I just won a one of a kind collectible doll from a doll artist I have bought from before. She will occasionally do OOAKs and give them away in a contest, and I won. Go me!

In my senior year at college, I won a few writing prizes from the English department, but it took them FOREVER to pay me.

-- Xenobia

#19 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:50 AM

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I never win anything

And the winner of the guy's coolest signature banner contest in Pam's opinion is...GABE VIEIRA !! -- For it's masculinity and understated elegance. Speech Gabe. Speech ! Speech ! :)

So technically I just won since I made Gabe's banner :)

It's ok Gabe... I went a long time without winning anything... and then one day... BANG! :) You're day will come too...

#20 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:24 AM

I plan on winning the lottery. :)

"I'd [like] to come into a little amount of money."

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:31 AM

Qwerty Posted on 6 July 2004 - 18:24

I plan on winning the lottery.

"I'd [like] to come into a little amount of money."

Really Qwerty? I always imagined you making it to the top via your intellect like Bill Gates. You would create something like the Q-chip and become a multi millionare. :)
Remember what I sang on the other thread? "I believe I can fly..." LOL !! :)

>^..^<

Nah, just me joking around. Very kind words, Pamela. :)

#22 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:56 PM

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I never win anything

And the winner of the guy's coolest signature banner contest in Pam's opinion is...GABE VIEIRA !! -- For it's masculinity and understated elegance. Speech Gabe. Speech ! Speech ! :)

So technically I just won since I made Gabe's banner :)

It's ok Gabe... I went a long time without winning anything... and then one day... BANG! :) You're day will come too...

Pamela: I hate giving speeches. So, sorry. :) But thank you. :)

Athena: I'm still waiting for that day. And thanks again for the great banner. :)