8 replies to this topic

#1 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 05:19 PM

Subject so called because it really is looking into the dim and distant future.

We all seem to be concerned with who is likely to be the next Bond, Bond girl and Bond villain, but the true future of the Bond films and their quality should surely rest in the sole and capable hands of the producing duo.

As I don't know much about the current Wilson and Brocolli family mix and who they are bringing up through the ranks (tradition dictates this to the be case), does anyone know who is likely to be following the producing footsteps in 10-20 years' time?

There should already be, by now, someone clocking in for 3rd assistant director type duties.

So where do we go from here?

#2 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 08:36 PM

Brosnan owns Irish Dreamtime, and while he has mentioned that he wants control of Remington Steele, should there be a reunion movie (and no there isn't one...that was an April Fool's joke I started!), he is not actively seeking control of Bond from Eon.

As for younger members of the Brocoli / Wilson family...it's not impossible since Barbara and Michael came up through the ranks. All I can say is check the credits carefully...who knows what the next few years will give us.

-- Xenobia

#3 ronson

ronson

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 04:30 PM

Doesn't Brosnan have an active role with Dreamtime Films, or an I talking [cuss]?
If not going down the road of experienced actor getting involved could be a way forward, rather than, as stated, the studios taking over......just a thought.....

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 01:00 AM

Blofeld's Cat (22 Apr, 2002 01:01 a.m.):
Is there a Mickey or Babs Junior that can keep the family tradition of EON going?

I'm pretty certain that Michael G Wilson has a son, David Wilson. I believe he used to be responsible for 007.com (which is now DOA). And I believe he has had some roles in the production of the Bond films. Not sure what though.

There is a possiblity that he is actually Paul Wilson, who I note is credited with some of the Bond films since Moonraker as working in the Visual Effects Department. He's also done a few other films like Superman. That's purely speculation though.

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 05:43 PM

I am thinking that Brosnan is Dreamtime. But yes, the thinking on both sides (Eon and Brosnan) is good if it was ever something they wanted to investigate.

I just haven't heard of anyone closely connected to Wilson or Brocolli who could take over the mantle. But the thought of the studios taking over would spell absolute disaster.

#6 ronson

ronson

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 05:58 PM

Further to my post earlier, it would be good to have some consistency with the director as well i.e Glen during the '80s.
This would form some stability aswell.

#7 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:51 PM

Xenobia (22 Apr, 2002 09:36 p.m.):
Brosnan owns Irish Dreamtime, and while he has mentioned that he wants control of Remington Steele, should there be a reunion movie (and no there isn't one...that was an April Fool's joke I started!), he is not actively seeking control of Bond from Eon.

As for younger members of the Brocoli / Wilson family...it's not impossible since Barbara and Michael came up through the ranks.  All I can say is check the credits carefully...who knows what the next few years will give us.

-- Xenobia

Do either of them have any kids?

Dave

#8 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 06:40 PM

ronson (22 Apr, 2002 06:58 p.m.):
Further to my post earlier, it would be good to have some consistency with the director as well i.e Glen during the '80s.
This would form some stability aswell.

I also would like some director stability instead of all these one-shots, but Glen wore out his welcome. He did all the Bond films of the 80's and I think it became something of a low period for Bond.

I'd like to see Martin Campbell return. If DAD is good I'll have no problem with Tamahori returning either. Spottiswoode was okay but I heard he's not on good terms with the folks from that movie. Apted made some grave mistakes on TWINE to the point I don't want him back (allowing actors to go over-the-top and soap opera-y on him).

Dave

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 April 2002 - 12:01 AM

Is there a Mickey or Babs Junior that can keep the family tradition of EON going?

I'd hate to think that the studios could take over the franchise completely.