3 replies to this topic

#1 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:06 PM

think he'd be good? the man behind Magneto and Gandalf...

#2 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 06:28 PM

Tanger (08 Apr, 2002 02:35 p.m.):
I've always admired the acting of Sir Ian McKellen. He's fantastic no matter what the character is.
I just couldn't see him as a main villain though. He'd probably be suited to a minor background villain role. eg. Mr Osato from YOLT.

Doesn't matter, he's too big a star to be considered for anything less if he were to be a villain at all. You really think they'd put a two-time Oscar nominee in the background? Closest they've done to that is Benicio Del Toro BEFORE he was famous and had that Oscar and perhaps Robert Shaw, although he had a lot of screen time.

Dave

#3 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 06:26 PM

Tanger (08 Apr, 2002 02:35 p.m.):
I've always admired the acting of Sir Ian McKellen. He's fantastic no matter what the character is.
I just couldn't see him as a main villain though. He'd probably be suited to a minor background villain role. eg. Mr Osato from YOLT.

Doesn't matter, he's too big a star to be considered for anything less if he were to be a villain at all.

Dave

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 01:34 PM