5 replies to this topic

#1 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 12:40 AM

Seeing as how the Brosnan films have had the return of the DB5, I thought it might be interesting to see the return of Little Nellie in future films. It'd be nice to have an updated version, and I bet Cleese would be funny in this scene. What do you think?

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 01:57 AM

The difference here is that the Aston Martin is a classic and classic when it comes to cars is acceptable. Like Steed's Bentley on The Avengers television series, a classic car defines a person.

Let's be honest, Little Nellie looked really rickety and made you wonder if it would get off the ground 35 years ago. Why would they have Bond go up in that now? Besides, it seems the Brosnan Bonds stick strictly with the gadget-laden cars and no other vehicles. Those seem to have died with the Moore era. Although I guess an updated super Little Nellie would be okay.

#3 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 01:50 AM

Little Nellie is the gadget I would most like to have--up there with the Aston Martin that Sean and Pierce drove. If they want to give Pierce a try at flying it, more power to them. With green screen, they can make the Little Nellie fly more convincingly when they actually show the actor flying it.

#4 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 29 March 2002 - 10:22 PM

It wouldn't bother me if the next Bond movie had some action scenes with Little Nellie in it. Though not too many.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fond of Little Nellie.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 29 March 2002 - 11:38 AM

Little Nellie, unfortunately, is a little outdated technology wise. Bond should be given the most modern of gadgets to use.

The Astrojet (?) in Octopussy was an update of sorts.

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 02:47 PM

An updated version would be nice. With computer screens (like in the Q-Boat), infra-red lazer sights, etc.
Hey, if it did happen, they could play the OO7 theme while Bond was flying it. Just like in YOLT! That would make fans happy :-)