Potential Bondgirls

23 replies to this topic

#1 Lonely Gunman

Lonely Gunman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 05:01 PM

- Laetitia Casta (does not only look great, she has also played some serious roles in French films)
- Emmanuelle B

#2 devilchild

devilchild

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 11:26 AM

ok i am prolly the only person in the world who would like this idea but singer joy enriquez has the perfect look for a bond girl, she is an ok actor as seen on seventh heaven.

#3 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 11:51 AM

I would say, search every country in the world for some potential Bond girls. Like they did with YOLT.

I must say, that I'm glad that the Netherlands have had some potential actors and actresses for Bond movies. What about Daphne Deckers, Jeroen Krabbe and Famke Janssen.

#4 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 11:45 PM

rubixcub (18 Mar, 2002 11:38 p.m.):
it's not often that they're able to get big name stars.  Halle Berry is an exception, as is Teri Hatcher- but who before that?

Would you count Michelle Yeoh and Sophie Marceau? Yeoh is the highest paid actress in Asia, and and has the kind of fame over their that Nicole Kidman, does here (United Kingdom) at the moment. Sophie Marceau, is a really big name in France i think. But then again, not many people know they are in the US, and UK etc. So i guess i can see your point.

#5 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 11:38 PM

Bond20 (18 Mar, 2002 08:06 p.m.):
My fav :)
Jennifer Lopez
Ashley Judd
Charlize Theron
Jenifer Connelly
Connie Nielsen
Angelina Jolie

With the possible exceptions of Theron and Nielsen, I doubt any of these are possible. For one thing that's a lot of Americans (Theron and Nielsen excepted) but for another thing many are big stars in their own right and it's not often that they're able to get big name stars. Halle Berry is an exception, as is Teri Hatcher- but who before that? J-Lo and Ashley could easily turn their nose up at it, Jolie is an Oscar-winner and a headlining star in her own right- her vehicles of late center around her; I doubt she'd play second fiddle to Bond- and Connelly is on her way to her first Oscar and probably stardom in her own right. She's doing "The Hulk" next and after that I'm guessing she won't be limiting herself to action films. Doing a film that's iconic like that is sort of a once-in-a-lifetime deal.

This is all just speculation, but I think it's still hard to see the above mentioned women taking part in Bond films.

Dave

#6 Bond20

Bond20

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 08:06 PM

My fav :)
Jennifer Lopez
Ashley Judd
Charlize Theron
Jenifer Connelly
Connie Nielsen
Angelina Jolie

#7 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 06:20 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (23 Apr, 2002 08:26 p.m.):
As for Halle... they cast her before she was huge. I have to say that when they cast her she was bigger than the usual Bond girl but only a bit. Now she's huge and yes that's useful for marketting but I doubt they wanted to cast such a huge star. What does anyone else think?

As long as they don't cast any huge stars like Rosanne Barr, Oprah Winfrey or Ricki Lake! :) Was there a time there were ever "not huge"?

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 April 2002 - 12:53 AM

I really like a girl in uniform (and out of uniform), as is the case with Catherine Bell from JAG.

She can act, she's beautiful, she's fairly high profile, and she is perfect to portray a "Bond Girl".

#9 TGO

TGO

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 12:38 AM

How about Angelina Jolie as "bad" Bond girl? Ooh, think of the possblities.

#10 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 05:45 PM

Kate Beckinsale all the way baby!

#11 Aston-Martin

Aston-Martin

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 08:20 AM

Natalie Portman! :) :) ;)

Laetitia Casta would be awesome, too. :)

#12 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 08:58 AM

if you dont live in australia you wouldnt have heard of them, but i think tv stars belinda emmet or claudia karvan would be good

#13 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 09:22 AM

Belinda Emmet or Claudia Karvan?
Heck no. Sure they are both beautifull women but Bond Matertial? lol, no way.
I watched 'Dating The Enemy' the other night and watch the secret life of us *shudder* I cant see her getting cozy with Bond, and her voice gets so annoying.
Belinda, she is a better choice outta the two, more experience but I think something on the scale of Bond would go way over her head. And shes a very private woman, i doubt she would take a leading role...maybe a background girl.

#14 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 02:46 PM

brendan007 (21 Apr, 2002 09:58 a.m.):
claudia karvan would be good

She is appearing in Star Wars: Episode 2. :)

#15 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 03:01 PM

ShockTroop22 (21 Apr, 2002 03:46 p.m.):
She is appearing in Star Wars: Episode 2. :)

She did, she played Queen Amidala's older Sister, but her Scene was cut.

#16 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 06:53 PM

I'd like to see Rebecca Romijn Stamos. I've said this elsewhere in another thread.

As for suggesting Jennifer Lopez - she should never be allowed near a Bond film!

#17 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 07:26 PM

I think the idea behind Bond casting nowadays is to cast "breaking" stars or "little known" stars or quite frankly "affordable" stars like Price and Carlysle. As for Halle... they cast her before she was huge. I have to say that when they cast her she was bigger than the usual Bond girl but only a bit. Now she's huge and yes that's useful for marketting but I doubt they wanted to cast such a huge star. What does anyone else think?

#18 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 07:56 PM

Emmanuelle B

#19 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 09:07 PM

Catherine Zeta Jones
Elizabeth Hurly

Can't really think of any at the moment.

#20 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 09:55 PM

Sherri Saum--she's an ABC soap star...I saw her on TV a few months ago and immediately thought she would be a great choice.

#21 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 09:40 PM

The woman from M:I and Hurley wont be in a Bond film as they have been in a rival movie. Someone like.........Oh I dont know off the top of my head, after all, who had heard of Rosamund Pike 2 years ago?

#22 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 01:15 AM

Ethan Hunt (09 Mar, 2002 09:40 p.m.):
Hurley wont be in a Bond film

I think the only the thing that is stopping Liz Hurley from making it into Bond so far is the whole "Austin Powers - thing." Now that "Austin - Fever", has died down, if someone asks me to write a list of Hurley movies OTTOMH, then i'd write Austin Powers (1&2), about number 6. I no longer think of her as Austin's girl. And i think neither does the public, newspapers, and magazines, now normally refer to her appearance in "Bedazzled" more than anything else.
Obviously Austin Powers would get pulled up, if she was to be cast, but i would never think of Austin Powers as a rival franchise, if Bond weren't there, then neither would Austin Powers.
No-one would ever care that she was in AP other than die-hard fans like us. In fact, if the average 13 year old was told that the girl from Austin Powers 1 (and 2), was in Bond XX, i think that would be reason enough to go see the movie.

As for the Emanuelle being in a rival franchise. I ask anyone here (not including French posters) to stop someone in the street, and ask which rival movie Emmanuelle appeared in.

By the way, ive just thought of another, "potential Bond girl". The lovely Miss. Charlize Theron (below). (check her out in Deception, with Ben Affleck, great film).
Even good ol' Brozzy thinks she would be a great Bond girl (all though, he would say that).
Posted Image

#23 Lonely Gunman

Lonely Gunman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 02:10 AM

By the way, ive just thought of another, "potential Bond girl". The lovely Miss. Charlize Theron (below). (check her out in Deception, with Ben Affleck, great film).
Even good ol' Brozzy thinks she would be a great Bond girl (all though, he would say that).
Posted Image

Hey, she

#24 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 09:36 PM

RossMan (09 Mar, 2002 09:07 p.m.):
Catherine Zeta Jones
Elizabeth Hurly

Can't really think of any at the moment.

CZJ has already said she would never do it. Something about she wouldn't want to just hang on Bond's arm; she'd rather be the star- "I'd play Bond, Jane Bond."

I would love to see Salma Hayek, but unless Tamahori or another of her favorite directors directs the next one, it won't happen:(

Hurley might or might not be a good choice; depends on the part. It's an idea with potential.

Theron would be good. Beckinsale might be nice.

I'll see if I can come up with some of my own besides Hayek.

Dave