19 replies to this topic

#1 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:40 PM

Have you ever watched a Bond film and thought, Gee, someone should have said this or that at this moment?

In Example:

At the end of License To Kill when Pam asks Bond "Where's Sanchez?"
I always wanted 007 to reply "Losing all that cocaine really burnt him up."

In Goldeneye when Omurov is escaping with Natalya as his prisoner in St Petersburg. He is looking around feverishly. I wanted him to say. "Where's Bond?" Cue the JB Theme as the tank crashes through the brick wall in hot pursuit of them.

In Never Say Never again when 007 is stripping off his shirt in the hold of the ship as Fatima is admiring the diving apparatus.
Fatima: "You"re marvellously well equipped"
I wanted Bond to reply in perfect sheepish Connery manner. "This is just my chest."

Any others you can think of? Anything that rattles you brain anytime you watch a particular film?

#2 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:48 PM

After Bond killed Graves in DAD, I was half expecting to hear something like this:

Jinx: Where's Graves?
Bond: In the cemetary.

It's terrible and only kinda works.... but I laugh at the very idea of it's stupidity. :)

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:53 PM

DIE ANOTHER DAY:

GENERAL MOON: My son is dead.
BOND: Not necessarily. Wouldn't be the first time someone's survived a waterfall. I remember a chap named Jaws, back in 1979.... oh, never mind. Yes, I'll come quietly. *Winks at Scorpion Girl* Do you come quietly?

BOND: Zao. I'm being traded. For you.
ZAO: You're quick.

#4 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:42 PM

In Goldeneye when Omurov is escaping with Natalya as his prisoner in St Petersburg. He is looking around feverishly. I wanted him to say. "Where's Bond?" Cue the JB Theme as the tank crashes through the brick wall in hot pursuit of them.

I believe it is spelled Ourumov. None the less, I think he should have said that too.

#5 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:05 PM

I thought a good missed opportunity in DAD was when he tells the Chinese agents to leave. He should have turned to the girl and said "You stay." It would have been a little of the good old sexist Bond turning a situation around to his advantage. Connery would have. :)

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

In LTK when Bond pulls the guard into the electric eel tank he should have said "Shocking". He' already said the Bon Appetit line so why not fit in two? Wasted oppurtunity.

#7 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:11 PM

I forgot to add this one. In TWINE I thought there should be scene where Bond confronts Renard and asks:
"So what do you want, Renard. To rule the world?'
And Renard should have replied. "My dear Bond, the world is not enough."

The line in the movie was okay. But I thought it wold have been neater if the villian used it. Besides, who besides a true literary Bond fan would know that it was Bond's family motto?

#8 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:30 PM

Remember the scene in You Only Live Twice where Moneypenny says the password "I love you" to Bond who refuses to repeat it her? I just wish Bond will "I love you back" to her, instead of "Don't worry, I get it." But that wouldn't have a cool response to us audiences. Bond wouldn't say that anyway.

And also in the climax of Thunderball, we never see Kutze again (the nuclear scientist who saves Domino and jumps ship). I wish this dialogue would have explained his disappearance:

DOMINO: Where's Kutze?
BOND: Probably catching a wave.

#9 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

Um, a Bond movie fan? It is stated in OHMSS you know.

#10 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:11 PM

He probably meant "what spotty 12 year old nerd who watches MTV all day and needs their quota of explosions and poorly spoken sexual inuendo fulfilled by the second would know that it was Bond's family motto. Hell they probably don't even know who Bond really 'is'..."

That's the way I read it :)

#11 trevanian

trevanian

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:14 PM

Bond reacting to a sudden decapitation: Well, you didn't have to lose your head about it.

I used that in a super-8 Bond parody I made in 1976, and I STILL think it is a good line.

#12 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:37 AM

In TWINe, I forget exactly what Elektra says but it's something like "Have you ever lost someone you cared about, Mr.Bond?" He says nothing. He should've said "Yes".

In one of the earlier Goldeneye drafts Alec says something like "Do all those willing women make you forget the one you couldn't save?". That line should've been kept.

#13 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:12 AM

From an early draft of TND -

After Bond knocks the thug into the printing press at Carver's HQ -

"He was bad news."

:)

#14 urhash

urhash

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:28 AM

In TWINe, I forget exactly what Elektra says but it's something like "Have you ever lost someone you cared about, Mr.Bond?" He says nothing. He should've said "Yes".

What? The fact that he said nothing was great. He shifted his weight uncomfortably and avoided the question, which is what I would expect from Bond given what happened to Tracy and his cold nature. Besides, the 'yes' would've only invited more questions from Elektra.

#15 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:46 AM

TWINE is utter guttertrash, but I have to agree that saying nothing was the better action.

The line about women is still in GoldenEye, not exactly as you typed, but it means the same thing.

#16 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:32 AM

I thought a good missed opportunity in DAD was when he tells the Chinese agents to leave. He should have turned to the girl and said "You stay." It would have been a little of the good old sexist Bond turning a situation around to his advantage. Connery would have. :)

Turn, for some reason I have never felt as strongly about modifying the scene until you added that line, "You stay." That is fantastic, and I picture him gesturing everyone away, but her to stay. Would be great for a few laughs :) And yes, Connery would have, and then some. But that line makes the scene work in my view. Good stuff.

My own suggestion, however, painfully poor (could be P&W poor), is in TND, after Bond "takes care" of the last Carver goon in the factory. Casually strolling and observing the crooning printing press, Bond remarks:

"My, a great story must have come in."

(weak play on the "Stop Press!" idea)

#17 Max Zorin

Max Zorin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:37 PM

I would have preferred a better line when he killed Carver - something other than that one they stole from "the Running Man".

#18 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:48 PM

Zorin on his final plunge:

"It still needed more cowbell!"

#19 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander