2 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 27 July 2001 - 12:18 AM

I've been reading a lot that the 3rd Dalton film was going to be called "THE PROPERTY OF A LADY." In fact, this seems to be fast becoming "fact" among Bond fans.

But where did this information come from? I have an outline for what was going to be the third Dalton film (the one that involves Japan and robots) and all it says on the title page is "BOND 17." There's nothing in the outline that would make Property a logical title. I remember Property of a Lady being a rumored titled as far back at TLD, so don't think we can't trust anything from old fanzines or Starlogs that "announced" this as the title of the next Bond film.

So where the heck did this info come from?

#2 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 July 2001 - 09:05 PM

Highly unlikely. The plot from the Fleming short story "The Property of a Lady" was used in Octopussy. It's the part with the auction of the Faberge egg.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 July 2001 - 03:04 AM

That's a very difficult question Zencat. I'm not 100% sure where it comes from, I think it's just become accepted. In my notes on the film I have The title was alleged to be The Property Of A Lady (a Fleming title but this is highly doubtful). Not sure where I got that from, but that's what I have.

Of course there's the "doubtful" you're looking for. The chances are it was never going to be the title. But we atleast were going to have a Bond 17. I'm exteremely jealous you've got the treatment :)