The Gloria Hendry CBn Interview

38 replies to this topic

#31 benmax

benmax

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:01 AM

What! That's a lie. Connery was always liked by his female Bond costars. Sean will always known from the Bond set for being a caring and amusing person, and a practical jokester. Sure, he did say that "Asian women aren't that sexy" during an interview while filming You Only Live Twice, but he was always praised by his fellow Bond peers. Just ask Ursula Andress, Daniela Bianchi, Honor Blackman, Claudine Auger and Jill St. John! All have either have said nice things to him, or became personal friends with him (like Andress and Blackman).

True. In interviews, Luciana Paluzzi, Martine Beswick, Molly Peters, Karin Dor and Lana Wood have also had kind words for Sean.

As for Roger, the only actresses I can imagine him having "difficulties" with would be Carole Bouquet (who once openly admitted that she didn't like FYEO) and Grace Jones. I think Grace's flamboyant persona would be an acquired taste. However, in addition to other actresses already mentioned, in interviews Britt Ekland, Tanya Roberts and Fiona Fullerton have all said how much they enjoyed working with Roger.

#32 SimplyMoore

SimplyMoore

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:51 AM

Recently I was surprised to hear Fiona Fullerton say that she liked Pierce and that Roger was too old to play in AVTAK. Now Maud Adams has always been a big Roger Moore fan, and I think he is also friends with Jane Seymore.

#33 Skin 17

Skin 17

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

That is true my Great Grandmother was Italian. I also have French, English, and Spanish and have a creamy chocolate skin tone it is fairly light .African Americans do have vast backgrounds.

#34 wibg

wibg

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:26 AM

Hello, skin 17. Thanks for the reply. For reference, Gloria is doing a film with Fred Williamson in Jamacia called "Black Kissinger" There reviving the 70s so called Blacksplotation films. I would like to see it. I know Gloria will be good in it. Also, check out this documentary that she did called "Badasss Cinema". Very enlightening.

#35 Skin 17

Skin 17

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

Thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy it. And I will check those out.

#36 wibg

wibg

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:42 AM

When you see that documentary, let me know. I would like to hear your thoughts on it. Gloria gives a very good and emotional interview.

Edited by wibg, 01 August 2005 - 04:45 AM.

#37 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

always thought Roger was liked by all his female costars. Lazenby is notorious in Bond fandom for his inability to get along with costar Diana Rigg.

I remember hearing about that. Then recently, I heard that Lazenby and Rigg got to know each other before production on OHMSS began. I also heard that the two had played a joke by spreading the rumor that Rigg planned to eat garlic before they were about to shoot a love scene. Now, Lazenby has admitted that he became arrogant on the set, toward the end of production. Whether this had affected his off-screen relationship with Rigg, I don't know.

#38 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

always thought Roger was liked by all his female costars. Lazenby is notorious in Bond fandom for his inability to get along with costar Diana Rigg.

I remember hearing about that. Then recently, I heard that Lazenby and Rigg got to know each other before production on OHMSS began. I also heard that the two had played a joke by spreading the rumor that Rigg planned to eat garlic before they were about to shoot a love scene. Now, Lazenby has admitted that he became arrogant on the set, toward the end of production. Whether this had affected his off-screen relationship with Rigg, I don't know.

Yes, who knows? I think they had quite a bit of on-screen chemistry though.

#39 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

As for Roger, the only actresses I can imagine him having "difficulties" with would be Carole Bouquet (who once openly admitted that she didn't like FYEO) and Grace Jones. I think Grace's flamboyant persona would be an acquired taste.

I do recall Moore deciding not to say much about Jones in his autobiography due to his dislike of her.