3 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:13 PM

Assuming the Higson novels will appear once per year as the Grown-Up Bond novel did, will Higson age Bond for each new novel? Will Bond be 14 in the second book? Harry Potter

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:18 PM

I find it literally disturbing that these James Bond novels will be able to be compared with the Happy Potter novels.

That's the one thing that I don't think the IFP have been to clear on (although what is going on in their heads is anyone's guess), as to if Bond will slowly age and grow more like the Bond we know of in the novels, or if he'll stay in his teenage years, and not have a huge emphasis on his age.

#3 J J

J J

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:22 PM

I say Glidrose can have their fun with a 'young James Bond' novel, then come to their senses and let Bond be 39-45 years of age in the second Higson's novel :)

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:04 AM

What about bits of it being set in Bond's teenage years, the rest set during the war/ shortly thereafter?

Well, just a thought (which isn't going to be realised if this is aimed at 9-12 year olds. Having a couple of 9 year olds, I can safely assert that they do not want the stuff aimed at 9-12 year olds, but the stuff aimed at 15 year olds (stuff like From Russia with Love, say). Perhaps this whole scheme, apart from being artistically dubious, is the most fundamentally unnecessary development of the Bond world yet).

Anyway, given that the film Bond currently behaves as if he were about 11, I cheerfully predict the Higson Bond to be some sort of foetus.