003 (sexy lady friend)

21 replies to this topic

#1 eddy

eddy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 04:28 PM

I reckon its about time bond had a female "00", i think this would be a great idea if there was an actual female 00 agent and bond and her could train together!

#2 Bender

Bender

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 05:10 AM

It surely is possible, but Miranda Frost doesn't sound like a 00-agent name. I think it would be safe to assume she would be the Christmas Jones type in this movie, since we know the movie has Ice somewhere in it, I don't think they would name an agent Frost. But who knows

#3 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 10:36 AM

White Persian (01 Feb, 2002 01:27 a.m.):
Interesting idea, Coda, and welcome aboard.
I don't dislike the idea of a female double-O. After all it stands to reason that there'd have been a few (I think one was at the Thunderball briefing). Ms Pike strikes me as a little young to be double-O, though. To have achieved that status, I feel you'd need to be well into your thirties...

I agree with you, White Persian, a Double-0 should be a veteran...take a good look mate at my Emma Thompson pix above. She'll make a GREAT 008 !.

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 02:03 PM

I DON'T LIKE THE BOND ACTION SEQUENCES!

There... I've said it! I like the thriller bits... I do not like too much action in my Bond films! Less action more plot for me please EON.

#5 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 12:21 PM

If a Bond showcases another 00 it should be a mature age actress because you should be a veteran...someone like Emma Thompson. When my SILVERTONGUE 007 adventure is finished I'll unveil her to the whole wide world.

#6 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 12:23 PM

If a Bond showcases another 00 it should be a mature age actress because you should be a veteran...someone like Emma Thompson. When my SILVERTONGUE 007 adventure is finished I'll unveil her to the whole wide world.

#7 Tyler

Tyler

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 04:13 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (31 Jan, 2002 02:03 p.m.):
I DON'T LIKE THE BOND ACTION SEQUENCES!

There... I've said it! I like the thriller bits... I do not like too much action in my Bond films! Less action more plot for me please EON.

They've got a Oscar hopeful Halle Berry here, hope they're not so dump as to waste her talent and brings us some real potent chemistry between Berry and Bond like that between Bond and Elektra.

#8 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 07:16 PM

*Looks up 'SARCASM' in dictionary*

Who needs the definition?

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 06:36 PM

Parasyte (28 Jan, 2002 04:54 p.m.):(edited)
Bond really needs a good dose of Americanisation!!

Bond needs to be Americanised, like he needs a laser to his crotch. If you want a more American Bond then watch True Lies, Our Man Flint, or The Silencers.

zencat (28 Jan, 2002 05:12 p.m.):
Oh course, I agree. The time is NOW for Bond to be teamed with female double-oh (played by a major actress). This is what Bond 20 should have been about. I feel like Eon is not in touch with the current cinema zegist they way they were in Cubby's day. Kick :) female double-oh, yes! Korea and "going back to Fleming"...well, cool for us Bond fans, but I fear a mass shrug of mass indifference from the mass audience.

I have to disagree you on this one, zencat. While I love the Shatterhand treatment and I wouldn't complain if they fired Neal and Bob and hired that Cox fellow to script out his outline, I dont think Bond 20 is the right time for a female double-oh. That should wait for Bond 21 or Bond 22, only though because I think there needs to be some distance from Tomorrow Never Dies and the last time Bond 'met his female match'.

#10 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 02:25 PM

Nexus, your comments here and the SILVERTONGUE posters that you emailed me recently, which were great btw, lead me to believe that you have a bit of a thing for the lovely Emma Thompson. Am I right?

#11 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 03:22 PM

zencat (29 Jan, 2002 05:38 p.m.):

White Persian (29 Jan, 2002 08:43 a.m.):
Yeah! Give us another Moonraker! ;-)

D'oh!

I knew someone would say that.

But, remember, MOONRAKER was the most successful Bond film of all time in it's own day, and remained the highest worldwide grosser until GoldenEye in '95. Despite what Bond fans think, Moonraker was exactly what people wanted from Bond in 1979.

But do we want Bond20 to be as good a film as possible or as popular a film as possible?
Of course a certain level of popularity is required in order to make the franchise financially viable (and the last few Bonds seem to be achieving that without sacrificing the integrity of the character), but I worry when a movie is made solely in order to appeal to the lowest (and widest) common denominator of audience in order to maximise the bottom line. That's when we start to get key elements being decided by "focus groups", rather than by creative personnel.

The audience doesn't necessarily know best.

#12 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 12:31 PM

Jacques Nexus (30 Jan, 2002 12:21 p.m.):

#13 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 05:05 PM

Oh course, I agree. The time is NOW for Bond to be teamed with female double-oh (played by a major actress). This is what Bond 20 should have been about. I feel like Eon is not in touch with the current cinema zegist they way they were in Cubby's day. Kick :) female double-oh, yes! Korea and "going back to Fleming"...well, cool for us Bond fans, but I fear a mass shrug of mass indifference from the mass audience.

#14 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 04:30 PM

scaramanga (30 Jan, 2002 02:25 p.m.):
Nexus, your comments here and the SILVERTONGUE posters that you emailed me recently, which were great btw, lead me to believe that you have a bit of a thing for the lovely Emma Thompson. Am I right?

I think you're right Scaramanga. The funny part is I'm not a fan of nor have I seen most of her work. About 18 months ago I noticed a picture of her from a movie called "Judas Kiss" and immediately thought...008 !. She only had a bit part along with Alan Rickman...not glamourous but I thought she was intelligent and sexy and probably got potential for a Bond movie. She would fit in with the MI6 crowd easily.

#15 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 31 January 2002 - 02:12 AM

White Persian (30 Jan, 2002 03:22 p.m.):

zencat (29 Jan, 2002 05:38 p.m.):

D'oh!

But, remember, MOONRAKER was the most successful Bond film of all time in it's own day, and remained the highest worldwide grosser until GoldenEye in '95. Despite what Bond fans think, Moonraker was exactly what people wanted from Bond in 1979.

But do we want Bond20 to be as good a film as possible or as popular a film as possible?
Of course a certain level of popularity is required in order to make the franchise financially viable (and the last few Bonds seem to be achieving that without sacrificing the integrity of the character), but I worry when a movie is made solely in order to appeal to the lowest (and widest) common denominator of audience in order to maximise the bottom line. That's when we start to get key elements being decided by "focus groups", rather than by creative personnel.

The audience doesn't necessarily know best.

I fully agree with you, White Persian. I get the sneaking feeling that EON are starting to lose a stranglehold control of their product that they have had for the last 39 years. And maybe some of it started erroding away in the last two movies by including unnecessary/too long/too many action sequences.

#16 eddy

eddy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 04:58 PM

Parasyte (28 Jan, 2002 04:54 p.m.):
Wow, you hit the nai on the head!!

NO way- bond doesn't need a yank mate he just needs some sexy English girl as a "00" the last thing bond needs is a dose of Americanisation- he is bloody English- whats the point all you end up with is an American bond which is missing the point somewhat and we all know that an American bond would be terrible!

#17 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 04:54 PM

Wow, you hit the nai on the head!!

#18 Coda

Coda

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 12:12 AM

Hi to all (first post for me here!)

Isn't it possible that Miranda Frost is the first female double-O? Remember there was a news report last year that Catherine Zeta-Jones was offered the part of a female double-O agent in Bond 20.

Could this be the role Ms Pike has scored?

#19 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 08:43 AM

I feel like Eon is not in touch with the current cinema zeitgeist they way they were in Cubby's day.

#20 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 01:27 AM

Interesting idea, Coda, and welcome aboard.
I don't dislike the idea of a female double-O. After all it stands to reason that there'd have been a few (I think one was at the Thunderball briefing). Ms Pike strikes me as a little young to be double-O, though. To have achieved that status, I feel you'd need to be well into your thirties.
Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if you're right.

#21 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 05:38 PM

I feel like Eon is not in touch with the current cinema zeitgeist they way they were in Cubby's day.

D'oh!

#22 eddy

eddy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 01:03 PM

I agree massively with some of the recent comments made about EON and its level understanding with regard to managing the Bond franchise. I think if we compare Goldeneye to TND, there is a massive contrast in the films. TND was effectively ordered by EON to drop certain intellectual elements and as a result we have a more action orientated movie which to my mind is a little souless in places. If we look at TND's production though it was one of the most problematic as constant script re-writes had to change the plot of the movie about half of the way into it. I also agree with the comments about the focus groups which lets face it are often not representative of audience goers en mass, I saw a an early screening of TWINE, which had the pretitle sequence kicking in after bond had jumped out of the window of the bank de suisse, and then going to a vacant motel room were Renard is dismantling his rifle with the cigar girl. This to me was a far better start than squeezing in the boat chase as well, which by the way was quite a bit longer originally (by some 15 mins). Oh well lets hope EON take the example set by Bond in Goldeneye, to ignore the bean-counters and analyst's!!