9 replies to this topic

#1 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:35 AM

The Official site for Everything or Nothing have released a plot synopsis for EA's new Bond adventure, due out next month.

[quote]The biggest development in technology is small-very small-and it's missing. At Oxford's Department of Microtechnology, prototype nanorobots have been stolen, and project scientist Dr. Katya Nadanova (Heidi Klum) has disappeared. The nanobots are equipped with an organic compound that can eat away metal, providing the key ingredient in Nikolai Diavolo (Willem Dafoe)'s plan to seize control of his native Russia and return it to its former glory as a bastion of hard-line anti-Westernism.

Diavolo is more than merely a former KGB officer disillusioned by the Westernization of his homeland. The prodigy of 007's nemesis Max Zorin, Diavolo was groomed to carry Zorin's plans to their natural conclusion, namely world domination.

Another agent, 003 had been sent to investigate a mysterious mining operation and is now missing. His last known contact was American geologist Serena St. Germaine (Shannon Elizabeth), and Bond is sent to locate her in Peru. While there he discovers that 003 had contacted her in regards to her research on the anomalous platinum levels in the surrounding mountains. Investigating with St. Germaine, Bond is astonished to see Agent 003 undergoing a brutal interrogation at the hands of a mysterious stranger (Diavolo). Bond listens as 003 whispers his last dying words: "You must get to New Orleans

#2 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:53 AM

thanks for the info scaramanga , this sounds very good, i like how a name from the past...max zorin plays in to this, storyline wise this will be the best bond game yet i feel

#3 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:27 AM

thanks for the info scaramanga , this sounds very good, i like how a name from the past...max zorin plays in to this, storyline wise this will be the best bond game yet i feel

I agree continuity in games or movies is a plus. The plot sounds like it should be a fun game to play.

#4 thuffner

thuffner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:43 AM

Sounds pretty cool. Gotta love the references to Zorin and 003, and the reappearance of Jaws. :)

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:30 AM

New Orleans wouldn't keep sinking into the Mississippi if the US Army Corps of engineers didn't keep damming the damned place.

I'm also weary of a villain who is as old as I am (I was born in the year of the AVTAK). I don't remember May Day being pregnant.

Pity they had to redo the worst inclusion of a film's title (from LALD) by having it sung in the middle of the film.

But aside from that, good job on the videogame. Now if only it was for the computer.

#6 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 03:12 AM

The story sounds decent enough. A lot better than AUF or NF, and close enough to an actual film storyline to work. Hopefully this game will meet all my high expectations!

#7 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:56 AM

New Orleans wouldn't keep sinking into the Mississippi if the US Army Corps of engineers didn't keep damming the damned place.

I'm also weary of a villain who is as old as I am (I was born in the year of the AVTAK). I don't remember May Day being pregnant.

Pity they had to redo the worst inclusion of a film's title (from LALD) by having it sung in the middle of the film.

But aside from that, good job on the videogame. Now if only it was for the computer.

The plot doesn't say he's Zorin's child but his prodigy, someone he groomed to take his place or finish his job. So, the character isn't 19 years old.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:04 PM

Wow. Sounds very interesting and a bit more involved than the last two Bond game outings. Looking forward to it!

Very interesting with Zorin too.....

#9 Bond_Bishop

Bond_Bishop

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1885 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:57 PM

My my. This sounds greeeeaaat!

#10 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:09 AM

I'd found out most of this already by searching the net but it's good to have all the info in one place.