5 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 04:58 PM

So... Have we all seen the famous CUT "magic carpet sequence" on the DVD of THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS? How do we feel about it? With music, sound effetcs, etc., would this sequence have worked? Should it have been left in? Or was it too "Roger Moore" and a good cut?

#2 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 04:24 PM

I'm guesing you get the R4 DVD's in Aus? All the known cut scenes are on the respective R2's... And some ppl say we get a bum deal compared to the US!

#3 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 09:03 PM

The "magic carpet" sequence is on the Australian VHS tape marked "extra footage", Daniel, if you email me your address I'll send it to you if you'd like.
It's definitely better out than in, though. Far too Roger Moorish!
Quite like the cut scene included on the Diamonds Are Forever DVD and extra footage VHS, though, and wonder why it was cut.

#4 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 07:54 PM

What Magic Carpet scene, you've got my attention! What's it all about?

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 09:47 PM

having watched it off the R2 DVD a few times, I thought it was too cheesy and didn't fit into the general feel of the film at all.

I mean - the caption "this is good stuff!" when the old guys are toking on the bong is Rog territory!

John Glen said is was cut due to the scene's length... But I think it is more likely that test audiences must have commented about the scene not fitting in, as there were far lengthier scenes that could have been trimmed elsewhere.

I'll bang the scene up in DIVX/MPEG4 format next month when I'm going to launch a lost scenes feature on MI6.

=
J

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 05:00 AM

I haven't actually seen this. But I've seen some other cut scenes (nowhere near as long) I just wish they'd include the damn things on DVD!