"This is the price of failure, Mr. Bond.."

10 replies to this topic

#1 Goldthumb

Goldthumb

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 11:29 PM

When Blofeld shoots Osato, he falls dead along the back wall kind of under/to the left of the stairs. When Hans is coming down the stairs later(right before his fight with Bond), if you look close you can see the actor playing Osato is still laying there.

And, likewise, when Hans is thrown by Bond into the piranha pool, if you put it into slow-mo, you can see Osato there, too (his leg, anyway).

Okay, so it's nothing important, but such an attention to detail like that is pretty nifty. And this is one of those Bond movies chock full of bloopers and mistakes, one would think they wouldn't still have the actor laying there.

#2 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 05:33 AM

Well spotted Goldthumb.
I'm going to have to dig out the video and have a look.

#3 Goldthumb

Goldthumb

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 08:51 PM

Thanks. I just like to look through movies to find little details and stuff...I'm weird that way.

#4 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 21 January 2002 - 09:14 PM

Goldthumb (21 Jan, 2002 08:51 p.m.):
Thanks. I just like to look through movies to find little details and stuff...I'm weird that way.

I thought it was interesting what you wrote. And noticing wee bits of trivia like that is a sign you are a true Bond fan, at least I think so.

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 09:28 PM

Definetely is...it's what happens when you watch them all the time like me :) and everyone else.

#6 Renard

Renard

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 10:18 PM

It's also amazing that there are also small detailed positive aspects in YOLT! But that's what it keeps it exiting for me!!! :)

This is a wonderful suprise.... I think there will be more of them... we have just to look and watch closer on the screen maybe we'll find further unexpected things.... :-p

#7 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 05:19 PM

I noticed a couple small details like that in YOLT.. cant remember off top of my head, as it isnt one of my fave Connery's, but one thing is, its about the only Bond which doesnt suffer from a daylight/mighttime blooper. Y'know, like in GoldenEye, after the chopper blows, taken into St. Petersburg in pitch black, gets out 30 mins later, et voila, daylight.

BTW, if tid-bits like that prove a true Bond fan, what does 17 out of 19 directors cut videos mean?

#8 Goldthumb

Goldthumb

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 05:33 PM

Dr. Tynan (21 Jan, 2002 09:14 p.m.):
I thought it was interesting what you wrote.  And noticing wee bits of trivia like that is a sign you are a true Bond fan, at least I think so.

That I am, despite the fact I have very few movies on tape, but have seen many of them. I need to get more! More, more, I say! More Bond!!

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 06:15 PM

Parasyte (22 Jan, 2002 05:19 p.m.):(edited)
...Y'know, like in GoldenEye, after the chopper blows, taken into St. Petersburg in pitch black, gets out 30 mins later, et voila, daylight...

You know, I drove in to work early this morning. When I left the house pitch black, 30 minutes later, et voila, daylight. Either that's not a blooper in Goldeneye or my life has some editing problems. (I wouldn't bet against the latter.)

#10 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 09:45 PM

[off-topic]Parasyte, I don't want to come off as picking on you, but that is one huge signature.[/off-topic]

#11 Parasyte

Parasyte

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 08:50 PM

Bah... humbug. Well, even if GE was a bad example, it has happened too mant times in the series.