Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 02:42 AM

From HollywoodReporter
http://dailynews.yah..._s_bill__1.html

Madsen bonds with next 007, Miramax's 'Bill'
By Zorianna Kit

LOS ANGELES (The Hollywood Reporter) --- Michael Madsen is negotiating to star in MGM's latest, still-untitled installment of its James Bond franchise as well as Miramax's "Kill Bill" for writer-director Quentin Tarantino.

The Bond feature, which Madsen will shoot in February, will see the actor play Falco, a rogue CIA (news - web sites) agent. The project, written by Neil Purvis and Robert Wade, also stars Pierce Brosnan, John Cleese, Judi Dench, Halle Berry and Rick Yune. Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson produce.

#2 ppk

ppk

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 05:03 PM

The Mirrors says Michael Madsen is the villian. Is it true?? Another villian?!!

IT'S BOND AGAINST MR BLOND

The Mirror, December 28, 2001

By Joe Roberts

RESERVOIR Dogs hard man Michael Madsen will battle James Bond in the next 007 film.

Madsen shot to fame after he appeared in one of Quentin Tarantino's most controversial scenes.

He played Mr Blond, a psychopathic criminal who tied up policeman and chopped off his ear while dancing to the song Stuck In The Middle With You.

Madsen, 43, will now play a bad-guy role in the 20th Bond adventure.

He will play a CIA agent called Falco, who turns against his bosses.

An insider said: "He is a real tough-guy, a former boxer. His character will be dangerously deranged."

In the film, Pierce Brosnan will battle with Falco after taking on crime bosses.

Halle Berry will star as Jinx, the villainess.

Despite his tough-guy roles Madsen has published three poetry books and refuses to see any of his sister Virginia's films where she appears nude.

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 26 December 2001 - 03:29 AM

bondgirl (26 Dec, 2001 02:42 a.m.):
The Bond feature, which Madsen will shoot in February, will see the actor play Falco, a rogue CIA (news - web sites) agent. The project, written by Neil Purvis and Robert Wade, also stars Pierce Brosnan, John Cleese, Judi Dench, Halle Berry and Rick Yune. Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson produce.

A rogue CIA agent? And no mention of other plot details that are currently known. I can imagine Madsen playing such a character, but how and why would a rogue CIA agent fit into the Korean situation?

Madsen has a profile substantial enough to warrant more than just a minor subplot, so his character may be a spoiler to Bond's efforts throughout the movie.

If the CIA is directly involved, then Wade (or Leiter?) would have to be involved too.

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 01:30 PM

I'd just like to run off a list of Bond 20 here...
James Bond, Gala Brand, Jinx, Wai Lin, Falco, Zoa and some other Korean Generals, an assasin, face mutation, the unification of Korea and South Korea, Blades Club, a ballroom, a hovercraft chase, the new Aston Martin, Boothroyd's funeral, a surfing sequence in Maui, the Amazon Jungle, Iceland, a torture chamber, an icebase and finally... of course just ton round off the rediculous list... a moon base.

Sounds either totally inspired or totally bizarre! There are so many things that don't fit... or do they?

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 08:50 PM

I'm hearing Madsen's character name is "Falco." First "Jinx" and now "Falco." P&W are getting a little too cute with the names, me thinks. And for a movie set in Korea and Spain there sure are a lot of Americans involved.

#6 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 10:48 AM

Well, here's another interesting point:

I've checked the IMDB for Michael Madsen and what did I see? He played a main role in Lee Tamahori's "Mulholland Falls" in 1996...

Maybe Tamahori himself wants Madsen for a role in Bond 20. Can it be possible?

#7 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 26 December 2001 - 03:07 AM

That's interesting.

I've never heard of that man before.

#8 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 December 2001 - 11:11 AM

ppk (28 Dec, 2001 05:03 p.m.):

By Joe Roberts
...Madsen, 43, will now play a bad-guy role in the 20th Bond adventure.

He will play a CIA agent called Falco, who turns against his bosses.

An insider said: "He is a real tough-guy, a former boxer. His character will be dangerously deranged."

In the film, Pierce Brosnan will battle with Falco after taking on crime bosses.

Halle Berry will star as Jinx, the villainess.

Gangland bosses (remember the Phil Mitchell rumours a long time ago ?) and a "boxing" henchman...well...perhaps things are starting to take shape ?.

#9 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 09:45 PM

I..I......cannot say anything anymore

#10 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 28 December 2001 - 08:13 AM

Jacques Nexus (28 Dec, 2001 07:46 a.m.):
The name "Falco" makes me think of "Falcon", and that makes me think of "Renard" from TWINE's 1st draft who had a pet hawk that gouged victims eye's out. I wonder if "Falco" will inherit that characteristic ?.

You're not far from the truth there, Jaques. My computer reference programme lists "falco" as old latin for falcon.

Greek mythology (Electra) and old latin (Falco). Are P&W trying to conjure up "classical" vilains?

#11 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 07:46 AM

The name "Falco" makes me think of "Falcon", and that makes me think of "Renard" from TWINE's 1st draft who had a pet hawk that gouged victims eye's out. I wonder if "Falco" will inherit that characteristic ?.

#12 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 08:34 AM

I think Madsen would make a brilliant Leiter. He looks the part and I think it would be good to have Leiter back for Bond to have good scenes with.

#13 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 02:18 PM

If we are going along the lines of Brosnan characters being very descriptive to me Falco reminds me of Falcon and thus very predatory and quite dangerous. On the other hand it would suit someone who was heroic, skilled, cunning. It creates so many images in the mind.

It's a real coup to get Madsen in Bond 20... I like the way that Mickey G and Babs go for people who are well known and can act (like Sophie Marceau) instead of copping out and going for huge stars. I love the sound of the cast for Bond 20 so far.

#14 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 02:41 AM

ppk (28 Dec, 2001 05:03 p.m.):
The Mirrors says Michael Madsen is the villian. Is it true?? Another villian?!!

By Joe Roberts

....He will play a CIA agent called Falco, who turns against his bosses.....

I remember Bond doing something similar in LTK. He didn't actually turn against his boss, just against his orders.

#15 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 05:12 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (27 Dec, 2001 01:30 p.m.):
I'd just like to run off a list of Bond 20 here...
James Bond, Gala Brand, Jinx, Falco, Zoa and some other Korean Generals, an assasin, face mutation, the unification of Korea and South Korea, Blades Club, a ballroom, a hovercraft chase, the new Aston Martin, Boothroyd's funeral, a surfing sequence in Maui, the Amazon Jungle, Iceland, a torture chamber, an icebase and finally... of course just ton round off the rediculous list... a moon base.

Sounds either totally inspired or totally bizarre! There are so many things that don't fit... or do they?

And don't forget Madeira Island. I'm with you Dr. Cheese. I can't figure out what BOND 20 is all about. The pieces just don't seem to fit.

#16 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 03:17 PM

The name Falco makes me think of 'Rock Me Amadeus' and 'Der Kommissar'.

#17 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 01:01 PM

Blofeld's Cat (26 Dec, 2001 03:29 a.m.):

bondgirl (26 Dec, 2001 02:42 a.m.):

A rogue CIA agent? And no mention of other plot details that are currently known. I can imagine Madsen playing such a character, but how and why would a rogue CIA agent fit into the Korean situation?
...his character may be a spoiler to Bond's efforts throughout the movie.

With the U.S. heavily involved in South Korea it's not surprising the CIA is also involved. Presumbly if "Jinx" is American, is she involved with the CIA ?. As far as Madsen goes...a news article I read mentioned he is Brosnan's neighbour in California !...another reason perhaps he may be cast in Bond 20 ?.

#18 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 08:59 AM

I just remembered.

Madsen also played the hitman chasing after the characters played by Alec Balwin and Kim Bassinger in the remake of The Getaway".

He was real menacing in that and looked completely diferent with long hair.

#19 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 08:21 PM

Friedrich Baxter (07 Jan, 2002 01:19 p.m.):
Is it the same person who played in Species and Species 2?

Yes, that's the man.

#20 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 12:57 AM

White Persian (07 Jan, 2002 08:38 p.m.):
Well the Felines certainly seem to be in accord on this.

A classic example of.....cat-zen. :)

#21 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 12:44 PM

it makes sense for the cia to be involved, for an american connection since anything involving korea would more likely involve the us than the uk, it's nice that it's not wade back again and not leiter....

#22 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 10:34 AM

Blofeld's Cat (28 Dec, 2001 08:13 a.m.):

Jacques Nexus (28 Dec, 2001 07:46 a.m.):

You're not far from the truth there, Jaques. My computer reference programme lists "falco" as old latin for falcon.

Greek mythology (Electra) and old latin (Falco). Are P&W trying to conjure up "classical" vilains?

Perhaps yes...I started a topic over at the Brosnan movies board about how lots of characters in the Brosnan Bonds have names which DESCRIBE their characters. "Falco"...something to do with birds, flying, etc ?. This could really start something :).

#23 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:39 PM

So... it's Mr Bond versus Mr Blond!

#24 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 08:34 AM

Hmm... I just read that Medson is Pierce Brosnan's neighbour...

#25 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 12:28 AM

Posted Image

He look like Elvis Presley...

#26 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 01:37 PM

Friedrich Baxter (07 Jan, 2002 01:19 p.m.):

Yep, that's him.

#27 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 01:19 PM

#28 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 01:24 PM

hi
for those who don t know who Michael Madsen is, i have taken a picture of him on imdb.
I think it could be great in Bond 20.

#29 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 07:02 AM

zencat (26 Dec, 2001 08:50 p.m.):
I'm hearing Madsen's character name is "Falco." First "Jinx" and now "Falco." P&W are getting a little too cute with the names, me thinks. And for a movie set in Korea and Spain there sure are a lot of Americans involved.

With Korea involved in Bond 20 it's not surprising there's a few Yanks in the film. How far it goes remains to be seen. As far as the names go..."Jinx"..."Falco"..."Gala Brand"..."Zao"...sounds marvellous to me. 007 movies should NEVER be the province of boring/mundane character names. Look at any Fleming novel and I think it's rare you will come across any ordinary names.

#30 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 06:26 AM

:) Yes he does! Very funny :)

You know what? We have an American named Jinx, a tonne of Korean's from every side of the border, a Chinese agent named Wai Lin, a Londoner named Gala Brand, a British agent named James Bond and a rogue CIA agent named Falco.

You know what? My head is spinning!