terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:54 PM

Discuss the story in this thread.

Dubai

Bond watched the lights go out in the building. Everything was plunged into darkness ...

He fired his gun at the glass door - it shattered instantly - and walked into the building. It took him five minutes to find the office and a further two minutes to download the information from the computer and send it to MI6 using a transmitter on his phone.

Bond slipped the phone into a pouch and turned ... the door opened and a man stepped into the office - he was a man you didn't want to meet on a dark night - just as the power returned.

The man focused on Bond.

"I'd like to stay and talk. If I had the time."

"If you had the time ..."

"Yes. I would brew tea and butter scones. With marmalade or jam. But I detest a man who has marmalade on buttered scones. I do find it rather uncouth. The sort of people who put milk in their tea before they put in the boiling water ..."

"Before they put in the boiling water ?"

"Yes. Terrible, isn't it," Bond replied.

"If you insist ..."

"But I have to dash. If you wouldn't mind holding this for me whilst I ..." the man took charge of the black box that Bond handed him. "I've some important things to do ..."

"Such as ?"

"Leaving ..."

Bond walked out of the office.

The man held the black box for a moment before it exploded. Bond was waiting at the elevator when it exploded. He jumped into the elevator as the fireball thundered down the corridor.

There was an attractive woman in the lift.

"Going down ?" Bond inquired.

The woman smiled ...

"If you insist."