13 replies to this topic

#1 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:13 PM

What made you like James Bond? That is the question I ask, I am a Bond fan, but I am not that kinda guy thats knows all the facts, seen all the movies atleast 50 times, and purchased all the soundtracks and videogames, read all the books from authors like Kinglsey Amis and Raymond Benson. I am fan of the concept of spy. Thats why I like 007, thats why I would love to be 007. Thats my motive to dream, and live the 007 lifestyle. To be the hero, and admired by others. I dream at night, I am the class act, known and respected by others, smooth and has a thing for the ladies, while the ladies have a thing for me. Doesn't anybody have those kinda dreams? Well I do, i have those kinda fantasies, whether they come true or not, please explain what made u like james bond?

#2 Icarus

Icarus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:32 PM

Because Bond's cool.

#3 BondChick007

BondChick007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:05 PM

I liked James Bond because of his class. He is always so smart and clever. Not to metion Pierce was the first Bond I saw, very handsome...

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:21 PM

I was hooked on Bond because I, like millions of other people around the world, played GoldenEye on the N64.

#5 iain

iain

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 12:11 AM

I saw my first Bond in the 70s. I was still living in the Uk back then and Bond seemed to be a breath of fresh air. The papers were full of headlines about how Britain was a has been nation and was basically going to the dogs. Bond, even though it was fantasy, gave me a shot in the arm and made me proud to be British, even if it was for only a couple of hours.

#6 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:07 AM

because he is the best at what he does and he has style and class, and nobody is smarter then he

#7 arcticcommando

arcticcommando

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:15 AM

the cool gamez and movies!!!!!!

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:24 AM

Because James Bond is the coolest character ever created. Enough said. I became a fan in 2001, and have now become an expert on the films and a hardcore fan of everything James Bond. I own four James Bond videogames and I have read seven of the book so far. I own alot of James Bond stuff. These days I mostly only spend my money on James Bond related stuff.

#9 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:58 AM

Ya me 2, I am a James Bond video game geek, espcially the Goldeneye multiplayer, oh hell that was fun and addictive, and not even a week without sleep would stop me!

#10 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:30 AM

Because before Star Wars,LOTR,The Matrix, Indianna Jones, Sly and Arnie,Captain Kirk,and all the ripoffs there was *Bond*. The coolest action hero ever. A spy and renniasance man. A man who has all the qualities one should aspire to have in life:Courage,intelligence,wit,charm,humour,class,style,taste,
sophistication, confidence,toughness,character,integredy and sex appeal.Bond is the ideal man. That kind of character will always be appealing. His lifestyle is enviable too.Highend cars, clothes, champagne, hotels, and georgeous women.Who doesn't to enjoy those things? Nobody does it better. :)

#11 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 12:30 PM

Just watch the 'Le Cercle' chemin de fer scene from Dr No. When you don't even see Bond until he announces his name, then Bang!

One of the coolest moments in cinema history, one which oozes style and class, and for me, one that epitomises what Bond is all about.

#12 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:14 PM

It had to have been the previews for Tomorrow Never Dies, i had been two young at the time to really care about goldeneye except for the tank chase which i saw walking by...
I remember one day i was flipping the channels during 15 days of 007 on 'John Cleese voice' the superstation,
and TNDs previews came on and it showed the scene where Bonds standing in the mig plane spraying everything down with bullets so cooly... i knew i knew then...i had to be him..I had to model my appearnce manners and speech from that man...

And so at the age of 12, I stood up in front of my peers at the time and anounced i would be come James Bond..
and thats when the laughing started...
and i did my research at the time being reduced to R.L. Stine Junor books i persuaded my mother in to letting me get 'Zero Minus Ten.'
and from then on....

I have been...

Bond, James Bond

#13 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:17 AM

I remember that 15 days of 007 on TBS, I thought John Cleese appeared on the one before TWINE was released but after the TND was released?

#14 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 02:29 AM

Because I grew up on the movies....I have been a fan of the series since 1979 when I saw my first Bond movie in the theater. Since then I have seen all the movies about 20 times (except TWINE which I have only seen once and will probably never watch again).

I've read all the books (some more than once), devoured books like Rubin's "The James Bond Films", Brosnan's "James Bond in the Cinema", Raymond Benson's "Bedside Companion" and the more recent "Legacy". I had the entire collection on VHS and then when DVD arrived in 1997 I gobbled up the Bond movies on DVD (even the initial Sean Connery snapper case releases in 1997).