#1 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:07 AM

Discuss the story in this thread.

I just started this last month and I did alot of research for it.

Chapter 1: The Emergency

One morning in early July at MI6 Headquarters in London, home of the British Secret Service, Commander James Bond was at his desk doing his least favorite task - paperwork. It had been a couple months since M, his boss and the Head of the Service, had given him an assignment. As he was working he thought about his last big assignment, the Goro Yoshida case from last year. He couldn't help thinking about Reiko Tamura; the beautiful Japanese agent that had died from one of Yoshida's genetically engineered killer mosquitoes, which contained a deadly form of the West Nile virus. Bond also missed his longtime friend, Tiger Tanaka, who recently underwent another heart surgery.
It was almost noon and Bond was getting hungry, he was about to leave to get a bite to eat at one of London's fine French restaurants. He was thinking of getting a bottle of Dom Perignon '69 at the restaurant, when his phone rang. He finished putting on his jacket and answered his phone located on his desk and picked it up. "Hello, Bond here." he said. "Hello James, M wants to see you immediately." Said M's secretary, Miss Moneypenny. "Okay, tell her I'll be right there." Bond said. He immediately left his office to go see M.
As he was walking to the lift, Bond couldn't help but wonder what M had to say that was so urgent. Could she be giving him a new assignment? He thought. When Bond walked into Moneypenny's outer office she said, "Good afternoon, James, you can go in now." When Bond walked into M's office, she picked her head up from looking at files, put down her glass of bourbon, and gave Bond a worried look. She said, "Please sit down, Double-O Seven."
M opened a file and pulled out a picture, as she slid it over her desk towards Bond, she asked, "Have you ever heard of this man, Uday al-Banna, known to many as Lockjaw? Bond looked very carefully at the picture of a Middle Eastern looking man of around forty years old with big menacing gray eyes, dark skin, long black hair and a long black beard. "No, I don't believe so, who is he?" asked Bond. "He is the new leader of an Iraqi terrorist group called the Abu Nidal Organization which consists of a few hundred members. Over the years this organization has mounted terrorist operations in twenty countries, killing about three hundred people and wounding hundreds more. In the mid-1980s, the group was seen as the most dangerous terrorist organization in the world. Abu Nidal, which means, "father of the struggle" in Arabic, was the alias of Sabri al-Banna. Sabri al-Banna was born in 1937 into a landowning family in British-ruled Palestine. In August 2002, Palestinian officials said that he had reportedly been suffering from leukemia, and died at his Baghdad home of gunshot wounds. It was unclear whether his death was a suicide or an assassination. After the 1980s, experts said that the Abu Nidal Organization was inactive and would no longer be a threat. They were right, but recently we have received reports that they have returned with their new leader, Uday al-Banna. Uday al-Banna was born in Baghdad, Iraq in 1961. He is the son of Sabri al-Banna's only sister, after his uncle's death in 2002; he took over as the leader of the ANO. He also changed his surname to al-Banna in his uncle's honor.
"Today, I was notified by my counterpart at the CIA that al-Banna may be planning a terrorist attack on their homeland, the United States and possibly Britain." Bond interrupted "This sounds very serious, but where do I come in?"
M, still looking worried said, "I will get to that in a second, Double-O Seven. Our reports say that the ANO is a big supporter of Saddam Hussein and wants to punish the countries that took part in the recent Iraqi War that overthrew Hussein's regime. We are taking those threats very seriously, since the United States and the United Kingdom as you know, planned and executed the war. I want you to find this Uday al-Banna, find out what he is planning and stop him!"
When M was finished speaking, Bond sat for a couple seconds with his eyes closed so that his brain could process all of the information just given to him. When Bond was finished thinking he said, "Okay. I have one last question, why is this fellow Uday al-Banna, called Lockjaw? M looked up from his file again and said "This man is very dangerous and quite ruthless, Double-O Seven, his trademark is punishing people by giving them the disease, Tetanus, commonly referred to as lockjaw by injecting them with a bacillus called Clostridium tetani. This bacterium is what causes Tetanus, a serious infectious disease of the nervous system, which causes severe muscle spasm. This disease is quite rare nowadays since most people get a tetanus booster shot a couple times as a child and then every ten years after the age of seven. Unfortunately in some parts of the Middle-East such as Iraq, the country where al-Banna lives most of the time, the lack of good medical care and facilities makes it hard for most people to get the vaccine, therefore making al-Banna's victims unable to get treatment. Most of his victims commit suicide because of this. The symptoms are headaches and depression, followed by difficulty in swallowing and in opening the jaw. Stiffness of the neck develops and gradually a spasm of the cheek muscles sets the face into a peculiar, sardonic grin. Eventually, the spasms spread to other muscles of the body and this is usually the point when most of his victims kill themselves." "This is very disturbing, M, when and where do I start?" said Bond. "Your plane leaves to Palestine tomorrow evening. We believe Lockjaw is

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:24 AM

Chapter 2: A Quick Swim will be coming soon. :)