Tymarah - "Korean scorpion guard"

25 replies to this topic

#1 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:15 AM

Does anybody know anything about Tymarah or know of any available photos from DAD or other venues? She played the uniformed "Korean scorpion guard" during Bond's torture scenes; my theory is that Anna Edwards provided a "template" for the computer-generated graphics of the fire/ice women during the opening credits and this is the so-called "Scorpion girl" of the credits.

Tymarah is supposed to have been in a music video done by the UK group BBE, is a martial arts expert, is Asian, and there has been some unconfirmed speculation that she did underwater stunts as Michelle Yeoh's double in TND, and may be a UK television presenter who works with BBC film critic Jonathon Ross. Tymarah is most likely a modelling type name and she may have acted under another name.

Although she did not have a speaking role in DAD, she did have an important impact on Bond and there were some hints that she may have had more than a dominatrix relationship with him (Bond wasn't in all that bad of shape after over a year's worth of torture). I'm disappointed that there were no official photos of her released as there were of Zena Marshall as "Miss Taro" in Dr. No.

undefined

#2 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:09 PM

Originally posted by rondh69
she did have an important impact on Bond and there were some hints that she may have had more than a dominatrix relationship with him  

What hints are those, exactly?

#3 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:25 PM

During the theme music and the computer generated graphics there appeared to be more than just torture occurring between Bond and the "Scorpian girl" (who I presume was supposed to be the NK "Scorpian guard). Also, in the scene where Bond is being lectured by the old general before his release from prison, Tymarah and Bond exchange various knowing glances.

#4 Se

Se

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:38 PM

I see what yuo mean. There is this shot in the title sequence where one of the Ice-women touches Bond face. It doesn't seem like torturing at all indeed. But I don't know if that is intentional or merely just a piece of work by Dannny Kleinman without thinking about the story.

#5 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:22 PM

I don't really care for Madonna and techno-pop all that much, but I have to admit the music really fit the title sequence, which I think is the best of any Bond film, even YOLT's which was my previous favourite.

By the way, Bjork's elusive remake of the title song from YOLT that she pulled from "Shaken & Stirred" can be found at the link below and is pretty similar to the original by Nancy Sinatra.

http://bjork.kandiel...com/sounds.html

#6 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:30 PM

About Tymarah, even Tim Greaves knows next to nothing about her (I've asked him) and would be interested in anything we could come up with...

#7 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:44 AM

Originally posted by rondh69
I don't really care for Madonna and techno-pop all that much, but I have to admit the music really fit the title sequence,.....

Well, of course it's the other way around isn't it? The song comes first and the titles are created around that song.

It's Kleinman's talent that moulded the title sequence to suit the song, which in my opinion is a piece of doo-da.

#8 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 05:21 AM

Yes, I don't like the song too, but I find that the title sequence overall is an integral and important part of the story, the only such touch for any Bond film I believe.

#9 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:45 AM

I know who she is now (at last) - Sarllya Tyi. See:

http://www.celebagen...arllya_tyi.html

Attached Files

#10 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:58 AM

Very interesting, I too had always wondered about her, as the fourth Bond girl of this film pretty much. Founds lots of information on the other three, but this one was always obscure.

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:26 AM

She was my favorite Bond Girl in DAD -- really. :)

#12 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

You always like the wierd ones... :)

#13 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

May Miranda stab you in the heart :)

#14 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:21 AM

Having watched the title sequence again, I've now spotted the part where she touches his face during the torture sequence. She may or may not have been a dominatrix figure for Bond, but we'll never properly know because scenes between the two are limited to pretty much nothing.

#15 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:15 AM

It's odd how the fire and ice girls seem to be torturing Bond along with the Scorpion girl, or how they change back and forth from her.

#16 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:07 PM

Hey Dev... for some reason I had always seen it that the fire girl was torturing him and the ice girl was keeping him alive.

#17 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

I don't really care for Madonna and techno-pop all that much, but I have to admit the music really fit the title sequence,

I agree...I actually really like the DIE ANOTHER DAY title song.

#18 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:46 PM

http://www.celebagen...arllya_tyi.html

"Sarllya Tyi
Actress/Model
Scorpion Girl in Bond Film"

Strange, they're not exactly milking the DIE ANOTHER DAY connection, are they? Why not name the film? Strikes me that our "Scorpion Girl" prefers an anonymous life in the shadows (and why not?, as Barry Norman would say).

And, Darren, yes, Madonna's "Die Another Day" is amazing. :)

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:27 PM

Hey Dev... for some reason I had always seen it that the fire girl was torturing him and the ice girl was keeping him alive.

Really? I never thought of it like that, but I'll keep an eye out for that next time I watch the DVD!

Very interesting.

#20 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:40 AM

#21 blofeld123

blofeld123

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:45 AM

:) Kinda weird. She was hot though. But I'm suprised you didn't find Jinx as hot! Oh well, :) people have different tastes.

#22 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:12 AM

Miranda was the hottest girl in DAD :)

#23 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:14 AM

Athena is 100% correct, and that's a fact! :)

#24 Bizzare8

Bizzare8

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:38 AM

Ya I thought Miranda was the best girl in the movie, love the scene where she says "James, be careful" and actually shows emotion.

I did enjoy Madona's Die Another Day, I think the title sequences get better with every movie.

#25 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:40 AM

I think for the job he had with combining it with the film, Kleinman did an exceptional job.

#26 rondh69

rondh69

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

Well.  Ten years have passed by and I still don't know anything much about this NK Scorpion Guard, and I guess that's the way she wants it.  Actually, this "Sarllya Tyi" is probably a false lead as the images of her from DAD look much more Asian than the photos of this so-called Sarllya Tyi...