26 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 11:37 PM

Ok.. this must sound nuts to say.. when it had jokes & light hearter stuff all over the place..

but the #1 Missed Joke would be:

* When the little Blonde with pigtails who would be JAWS Girlfriend.. when they first meet they look in each other's eyes .. and then smile..

That girl SHOULD HAVE HAD Braces when she smiled back at Jaws:D

Missed chance to make the whole theater laugh their butts off :):cool::):)

#2 Wade

Wade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 11:41 PM

You're right, and I thought the same thing when I first saw the film in 1979. In fact, for a few years, I kept thinking that she DID have braces. And then I saw the movie again and realized I was wrong. (The braces also would have added to the whole "perfect/imperfect" theme, re: Drax wanting "perfect" human specimens.)

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 11:48 PM

That girl didn't have braces?! I thought she did. BTW, have any of you ever wondered what their kids would look like? Very ugly. LOL! :)

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:00 AM

no.. I just saw that part on The New TNN and was in shock she didn't have them :)

I too always thought she did too? It must have been such a missed funny moment WE ALL thought of it.. or thought we saw them..

Cubby you guys missed one here..

Probably the only mistake in the Roger Era;)

:cool:

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 04:03 AM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only

Probably the only mistake in the Roger Era;)

:cool:

I agree completely...no really, I'm serious.

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 02:16 PM

The biggest mistake in the whole Roger era was making Jaws a good guy.

#7 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 03:52 PM

yeah I agree.. I personally felt that Moonraker was to close to the same plot as the move before TSWLM.. they should have made one inbetween and then bring back Jaws.. IF your going to bring him back.

#8 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 06:51 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
The biggest mistake in the whole Roger era was making Jaws a good guy.

you are right snow, it was a huge mistake, and one i think if they had to do over again they would not make, cause to me it just killed it, and then it was just dumb

#9 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

I thought Moonraker was a joke.

#10 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:43 PM

"The biggest mistake in the whole Roger era was making Jaws a good guy."

Yep, I agree. That was cheesy.He was a cold blooded murderer in TSWLM and then a teddy bear in MR? Lame...Roger was a great Bond but his films have too many headscratching moments like that.:)

Reminds me of 'Return of the Jedi' when Darth Vader/Anakin is exonerated after killing the emperor even though he blew an entire ****ing planet!:eek:

#11 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:45 PM

"Reminds me of 'Return of the Jedi' when Darth Vader/Anakin is exonerated after killing the emperor even though he blew an entire ****ing planet!"-Me

Oooops I meant "he BLEW UP an entire planet!" :)

#12 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Tarl_Cabot
"Reminds me of 'Return of the Jedi' when Darth Vader/Anakin is exonerated after killing the emperor even though he blew an entire ****ing planet!"-Me

I kinda got that feeling of Jaws & Vader.. kinda the same from Return of the Jedi..

May Day ws kinda like that..

hey even that Ape in the "remake" with Tim Burton's Planet of Apes..

Did Jaws/Moonraker start that idea???

:):cool:

#13 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:45 PM

She didn't have braces? I could have sworn she did. This is omething I'm going to have to check.

Maybe it is just our minds creating what we want to see.

#14 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

Actualy Vadar did'nt blow up the planet. Grand Moff Tarkin did, the guy who was in command of the Death Star. Vadar was just the right hand man in "A New Hope"

#15 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:43 PM

"Actualy Vadar did'nt blow up the planet. Grand Moff Tarkin did, the guy who was in command of the Death Star. Vadar was just the right hand man in "A New Hope"-JimmyBond

Technically, you are correct but he would probably be given a death sentence in any court of law as an accomplice to such an outragously evil crime.If Vader gave a damn about preventing the destruction of the planet he could have possibly use his Jedi/Sith skill to change Tarkin's mind. Anyway, he was an evil bastard, regardless! :)

#16 MovieManOO7

MovieManOO7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:33 AM

Interesting! I thought she had braces too! Is there anyone who didn't think so? Lol!

#17 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:58 AM

"Actualy Vadar did'nt blow up the planet. Grand Moff Tarkin did, the guy who was in command of the Death Star. Vadar was just the right hand man in "A New Hope"-JimmyBond

Technically, you are correct but he would probably be given a death sentence in any court of law as an accomplice to such an outragously evil crime.If Vader gave a damn about preventing the destruction of the planet he could have possibly use his Jedi/Sith skill to change Tarkin's mind. Anyway, he was an evil bastard, regardless! :)

Oh, I was in no way disagreeing with you about Vadar's guilt or not. Just when it comes to the OT of Star Wars films, I'm a bit anal about the details :)

#18 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:09 AM

It's a shame that Roger's Moonraker wasn't a faithful adaption of Fleming's novel. I've heard great things about that book.

#19 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:15 AM

Yeah Moonraker is a great book. Some very exciting and suspenseful scenes can be found in the book. It's too bad there is practically nothing to do with the book in the movie. Oddly enough, I like Moonraker (the movie) up until about when Bond goes into space.

I too thought that Jaws' girlfriend had braces. I'm going to check that again sometime.

#20 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:45 AM

if she did not have braces then i dont know what that was on her teeth, cause it looked like braces

#21 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:56 AM

"Oh, I was in no way disagreeing with you about Vadar's guilt or not. Just when it comes to the OT of Star Wars films, I'm a bit anal about the details "

How about the new ones? I hate them. In fact DAD for me was like my SWE1 experience.I'm Horrified...:)

#22 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:04 AM

The Prequel trilogy is most disappointing. Attack of the Clones showed moments of fun, especially that huge Jedi fight at the end, but they are all in all disappointments.

#23 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 12:07 PM

I noticed a while ago watching MR for the umpteenth time that I did really expect her to wear braces, and when she opened here mouth there was nothing but her teeth. But until this day, I thought I was the only one suffering from this particular hallucination.
It would have been the obvious solution and I think they didn't make her wear braces just because it was so obvious (and thus creating a kind of surprise moment). Expect the unexpected.

#24 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:21 PM

Originally posted by stromberg
It would have been the obvious solution and I think they didn't make her wear braces just because it was so obvious (and thus creating a kind of surprise moment).

If she wore braces she wouldv'e looked too lolita-ish, which would have made the whole relationship with Jaws somewhat a taboo subject.

#25 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:03 AM

Originally posted by JimmyBond
The Prequel trilogy is most disappointing. Attack of the Clones showed moments of fun, especially that huge Jedi fight at the end, but they are all in all disappointments.

Yeah the problem with the prequels is they are all about special effects, Lucas lost what made the original trilogy so good - it was fun....much like what has happened to the 007 franchise come to think of it.

#26 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:39 AM

<< Deleted due to bad taste >>

Blofeld's Cat

#27 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander