9 replies to this topic

#1 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:04 AM

In the April 2003/Volume 167 issue of Nintendo Power, Nintendo's official magazine, there was a letter published that was made "Letter of the Month" and it was about Bond. I read it, and I was disappointed to see that the author of the letter doesn't know much about Bond. Here it is:

"I just got done watching a James Bond biography. It said that Ian Fleming (James Bond's creator) was born in 1908, went to Eton and some military school, and was thrown out for breaking rules. Then he joined the British Naval Intelligence and fought in WWI. After that, Ian Fleming retired to Jamaica and wrote 12 or so James Bond books-many of which have been made into movies and videogames!

My point is, who would have thought, 54 years ago when Dr. No was published, that today they'd be making James Bond videogames? It's just so unbelievable! I think Ian should be honored by all the James Bond video game fans everywhere, everyday!" - Brandon Hamilton, Ohio.

Here are a couple of Brandon's errors:

1. Ian Fleming wrote 14 007 novels.
2. None of the films based on Fleming's novels have been made into video games.
3. James Bond has only been around for 50 years, Dr. No the film is only 41 and Dr. No, the novel, is only 45.

What do you guys think about this letter? If you find any moore errors, post them along with your reaction from this letter.

#2 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 01:01 AM

It's......A letter.....Not everyone knows everything about Bond, Righty, and this guy makes a perfectly valid point, albeit an obvious one...

#3 brandon63

brandon63

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:42 AM

I was the one who wrote that letter--I did so when I was 13. Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Find something else to nag about--the letter was good... GOOD ENOUGH TO BE LETTER OF THE MONTH, B).

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

I was the one who wrote that letter--I did so when I was 13. Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Find something else to nag about--the letter was good... GOOD ENOUGH TO BE LETTER OF THE MONTH, B).

Post of the Month.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:04 AM

LOL! You just made my day, sir.

I'll admit that I was way too nit picky 6 years ago, however, the letter still sucks, IMO.

#6 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:07 AM

This is a joke, right? You dug up a topic that was posted six years ago to retaliate against the OP who seemingly "called you out"?

This has to be a joke. :tdown:

#7 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:09 AM

Eh? B)

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

Eh? B)

Apparently this guy joined CBn to retaliate against a criticism of him that I made 6 years ago when I was 14 years old.

To this man's credit, he was right about Fleming only penning 12 Bond novels. The other 2 are collections of short stories. I apologize for that one but I was only 14 years old when I posted it.

#9 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:37 AM

Eh? B)

Apparently this guy joined CBn to retaliate against a criticism of him that I made 6 years ago when I was 14 years old.

To this man's credit, he was right about Fleming only penning 12 Bond novels. The other 2 are collections of short stories. I apologize for that one but I was only 14 years old when I posted it.

Ah 14, that was a fun age. I think that was when Posted Image. Or was that 15?

#10 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:46 AM

Absolutely baffling. Can't really be bothered moderating this argument.

It would be so very wrong to sneer at the achievement of being letter of the month in April 2003 in Nintendo Power periodical. So very wrong.

And probably equally wrong to close this thread.

Thread closed.